• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bleeding... Does it Get Worse ? ? ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo_18

Lamp Can Be Seen From Corners?

just picked up a new Samsung 204T... i will say :drool: :drool: .. but i can see lamp from the top right (when its dark/black). i can see it and i can live i with. but what i want to know is will it get worse or will it just stay like that, like the way it is?

Neo

Last edited:
I have a bit of backlight bleeding on my Dell 2005FPW. As far as I know, it shouldn't get any worse. If you just bought it, I would return it for a replacement. As far as I am concerned, that is a manufacturer defect, and should be replaced. I went through 3 Dell monitors before I got one that was acceptable.

I think they pretty much stay as is. My current laptop screen is brighter at the top and bottom and always has been. We're kind of screwed until oleds come out.

like i said it not that bad.. only has one dead pixel on bottom(that i have to really look for to see it).. i just wanted to know it if would get worse. pulse two i have lowered the brightness down and now it seem much better. still very bright. :)

maybe you can also help me with this.. i just posted this under vid card forums im trying to fig out this refresh rate thing. o_O

copy paste:

ok i just got an LCD... and im trying to figure out this refrest rate thing. i dont really get this Negative thing and Non-Negative. whats better whats worse? coz on my DT setting i am running 1024x768 and its saying Digital/48.4kHz/60Hz NN but when i do play games at 1200x1600 it saying 75kHz/60Hz PP... so whats it running at? the 1st set of frequencies or second set? coz i have looked around my in my display settings and its set at 60Hz, i did see a thing under display for LCD settings that i have unchecked coz it seem to look better with it off and its call " Scale image to panel size " whatever that mean o_O.. i have noticed that there is no force refresh rate like CRT'z so im just wonding how to tell what frequency am i really running under whatever display setting and whats better, Negative or Non. any hardware needed to know is under my sig.

Ebola said:
I think they pretty much stay as is. My current laptop screen is brighter at the top and bottom and always has been. We're kind of screwed until oleds come out.

OLED won't do zch1t compared to SED displays. Plasma, LCD, OLED and CRT are gonna be spanked when this tech comes out next year.

Sed Displays

SED Displays look promising, but it seems (from the article you linked) that they will have the same picture quality essentially as CRTs, but be the thickness of LCDs. I have yet to read anything except that link so do feel free to add to this rabbit trail.

As for bleeding... when you cut yourself you usually stop bleeding in a few minutes, but that depends on the size and depth of the cut. OH, you ment the bleeding of monitors, yeah, they shouldn't get any worse ;).

....And yes, I'm in an odd mood right now.... :eh?:

Back