• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blown my psu ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junior000

Registered
Yesterday I repaired two fans for fitting into my rig. I just fitted them all back for a more efficient configuration but I thumped the outer case a few times to get it to fit back together. Now when I turn on the computer it sounds like the power supply is tripping on me. It starts up for 2-3 seconds then dies and repeats. Have I trashed the PSU ? It's an old Antec earthwatts , model ea-650w

You probably have a short somewhere. Try assembling the system outside the case.

Also recheck those fan wires. All it takes is 1 thread of a wire to bork up the works and make the PSU go into save me mode.

Hi guys, yes it was shorting with the audio cable going into the case. Strange though that when I was troubleshooting and removed just about everything I could think of, it still didnt boot with that cable removed. Anyway, everything is fitted back now snuggly and its booting

Back