• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brown or Blue switches on mechanical keyboards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You might want to actually do research on the different switches to make sure you get what you think you are getting. That, or purchase a CherryMX Sampler kit before purchasing a board.

Granted though, $55 or even $70 is pretty cheap all things considered. If you go for brown or blue, I certainly hope it's a "fit" for you :)

But that feeling that you got something cheaper is lost. :(
I ordered with brown switches for $70. I could not resist it. It took over me. I wanted to get everything very cheap. I thought I will spend $10 on keybord.

Whoo my 100th post, now I am a member.:)

Also, want to add that there are new Tesoro Excalibur keyboards with blue, bround, red switches. Before I wrote that there is one open box with brown switches and one with blue switches.

Last edited:
I ordered with brown switches for $70. I could not resist it. It took over me. I wanted to get everything very cheap. I thought I will spend $10 on keybord.

For $10, you can get a cheap membrane keyboard.
You'll never find a mechanical keyboard for that price - at least, not for a while.
Still do not see it. I just updated my email to IPS(?) email.

Edited.
Now I see closed forums.

Yeah, you need and ISP, .edu or military email address.
Now go buy stuff! :p

Still got a good deal on it imo. They are well regarded on reviews, and frankly, 70$ for a no frills, solid keyboard is a pretty good buy. If it makes you feel better, I spent 150$ on my ducky keyboard lol

Now it is $90 for the excalibur w/brown switches and it is out of stock. XD Though the keyboards with red and blue are still for $70.

Back