• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD x101 on 3930k at 4.4 vcore 1.355...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A POWER ISSUE WILL CAUSE BSODs

Yes, but I think it isn't the issue, because I'm steady now on 4.6 and vcore 1.38. If it would be for power, it would crash i think.

Don't wanna be a wise guy, point me out if I'm wrong.

My seller denies also power issues, id he's wrong I must also give him an proof of that to get a refund or something. It's their setup

By far, I think Witchdoctor is pointing that topic into right direction:)

Yes, but I think it isn't the issue, because I'm steady now on 4.6 and vcore 1.38. If it would be for power, it would crash i think.

My seller denies also power issues, id he's wrong I must also give him an proof of that to get a refund or something. It's their setup

The brand "Chieftec" is proof enough. They are not known to produce a quality PSU at all.

It isn't about the power issue but the bsod. Power shutdowns ar ok now. read carefully before posting please

Setting LLC on ULTRA HIGH brings back the computer shutdown.

Was this not you?

And what have you done to get you now up to 4.6 and what you think is stable?
Your original problem was loss of stability at 4.4

By far, I think Witchdoctor is pointing that topic into right direction

While WD is good at what he does, how the hell do you know you're in the right direction. You haven't solved any of the problems you came in for.

By far, I think Witchdoctor is pointing that topic into right direction:)

Just throw another power supply on it quick to either confirm a power issue or dismiss it

easy shmeasy

@ ATM ........ shhhhhh no need to shout ....... :rofl:

Woow, easy on this guys:)

Mr.Scott - LLC on High stops the shutdowns. Now I'm running all the time prime95, and no bsod or power shutdowns. Main question is, why I need so much vcore for only 4.4.

Witchdoctor Don't have any to test...

Every chip is different, They also degrade quickly when abused

Maybe you need the CarFax on that CPU .... :chair:

I suggest you get a back up power supply, always nice to have a known to be good power unit on hand for testing in just such circumstances, especially when sporting a less than strellar power supply.

CarFax?

What psu would be good for it?

Can better psu really drop the x101 bsod's?

Oh give the Ram voltage a bump to 1.5v and see how it reacts. It's well within voltage tolerances for that RAM......

I know I said I wouldn't post in here again, but I feel like that 1.4v ram is a little low......

Power is everything, PS's lose efficency when thet get hot. Meaning during the winter it may be able to keep up, but during the summer it may struggel

Either way I would not rely on that power unit under any circumstance.

You have to keep in mind this is the most important part of any system reguardless the harware being used

Here is a decent unit for 60 bucks AR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438026

Agree with shrimp, 1.5 for the stix

so 1.5v and set the timings accordingly to stock specifics and test it out on 4.4Ghz, going as low I can with vcore?

I don't deny the psu malfunction, but want to test it, since I don't have another.

Power is everything, PS's lose efficency when thet get hot. Meaning during the winter it may be able to keep up, but during the summer it may struggel

Either way I would not rely on that power unit under any circumstance.

You have to keep in mind this is the most important part of any system reguardless the harware being used

Here is a decent unit for 60 bucks AR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438026

Agree with shrimp, 1.5 for the stix

Ok, I will test. Don't ever will buy chieftec now -the seller choosed it- but this evga I can't see in my country sold (Poland).

ram at 1.5v
vcore 1.37
4.4GHz

=BSOD

Since 4.6 was stable on 1.38 - WHAT THE HELL?

SECOND TRY:

no bsod but cpu dropping to 3.20Ghz

Last edited by a moderator:
x101 is 99.9% of the time low vcore. If it's not a vcore issue then it's usually bad hardware.
Mind telling us what you did to stop the random shutdowns?

I never gotten a "STOP: 0x00000101" BSOD,

but one that's notorious for rearing its head with not enough Vcore or clock too high for chip batch,

drum roll, the "STOP: 0x0000000A" BSOD. -> I think I just got that one too with my first Linpack failure on my E2180 when doing my real early rounds of socket 775 OC'ing in 2008. (I think it was when at 2.8 or 2.7 before increasing the Vcore just a little.)

(2.90 was the sweet spot on that E2180.) (With pack date of July 23, 2008, on the box)

Last edited:
I never gotten a "STOP: 0x00000101" BSOD,

but one that's notorious for rearing its head with not enough Vcore or clock too high for chip batch,

drum roll, the "STOP: 0x0000000A" BSOD. -> I think I just got that one too with my first Linpack failure on my E2180 when doing my real early rounds of socket 775 OC'ing in 2008. (I think it was when at 2.8 or 2.7 before increasing the Vcore just a little.)

(2.90 was the sweet spot on that E2180.) (With pack date of July 23, 2008, on the box)

ONCE I've gotten also the x00A, when playing with dram timings. what could it mean?

Switched to offset vcore and already managed to stable 4.4Ghz on max load vcore 1.336V.

What do you think of that?

Back