• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building first PC how are the specs and the compatibility.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
660Ti is better than the 7870 but I was just suggesting it in case you needed to cut money out of the budget somewhere. The MOBO and PSU are not places to cut corners and the 660Ti seems to be priced around the same as a 7950

RAIDMAX Typhoon ATX-312WS Black / Silver SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case good case for 7870

When you purchase all of the parts from one retailer, do they all usually come together in the same box.

I guess it would depend on the retailer/warehouse location. If the parts ship from different locations then no. I have had newegg boxes come in with several components in each box and then I have had orders where every component came in its own box.

Also you added the CPU cooler that for overclocking? The one that comes with the CPU isn't that efficient?

Being able to run CF 7970s would be great, but unfortunately many budgets do not allow it, mine included :(

Back