• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building first PC how are the specs and the compatibility.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only thing which worry's me is installing the CPU and maybe some other minor things with the case connections and the MOBO, but the manual should give pretty basic instructions.

yeah, though the 8350 is a better cpu, I just got mine for a really good deal $132 at the time.

2 (x16, x4) this means that only one runs at the full 16 the other runs at 4

and yes CF stands for crossfire which is using two GPUs

well both cards share the processing duties so it usually means you get a higher FPS as long as there is no other bottleneck in the system. Sometimes it may be cheaper to run two cheaper cards to get the similar performance of one more expensive card.

Doesnt it confuse the OS, which it might only use one card even though their are two

32? as far as OS confusion, I guess there could and are, driver problems every no and then but I haven't heard of any serious issues.

So when installing GPU and CPU and first powering on the PC system, will the OS be able to install the drivers which are needed to run the parts. Or is it not that simple and will require software, etc?

16x means 16 lanes of bandwidth available for that card yes, of course 8x + 8x may also work, I am not too up to date on the performance hit that may cause though.

windows will detect all of the new devices and try to automatically install drivers for them, you may have instances where windows fails and you have to manually install them.

Back