• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building first PC how are the specs and the compatibility.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I'll wait on the CF, but consider OC if things go well with building the system. Is their any rookie mistakes, which I should look out for when assembling the PC.

Before you install everything in the case, put the components together on the motherboard box and power it on, that way if there are any problems it is easier to troubleshoot. Try to run your cables as neatly as possible, it helps with the airflow inside the case which can be very important. The biggest mistake I have seen rookies make is buying "good enough" parts and then realizing they aren't satisfied with them a few months down the road. If it will take a few months of saving to get the parts you really want, save up for those few months and get them. Read as much info on overclocking as possible before you actually start doing it.

Alright thanks for the help, Ill send you a message if I have anymore questions.

Back