• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buildzoid's 5800X3D overclocking rant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thought I'd mention that this CPU is available now @ the $449 retail price at microcenter, and they actually still have stock. Newegg had it, but they are currently out of stock "Sold by Newegg" this morning.

I saw one review that showed a dramatic increase in framerate in MSFS20, but I'd like to see other tests from known reviewers. Also, I will be waiting until MC starts putting this CPU on sale closer to the $320 price point.

Looks like a boost for games but for gaming+productivity the other processors (including original 5800x) are faster due to clock speeds.

That was my takeaway from it as well. If gaming is your primary use and time isn't money for other things (not that there's a HUGE difference), it's a solid processor.

...that price OTOH...

The CPU isn't bad. Regular Ryzens are barely overclocking too. Anyway, I see it as a waste of money just because soon will be AM5. AM4 with 3D cache looks like a beta product to remind users about AMD for the next couple of weeks. They even lowered the price as I bet they expect lower sales than was predicted when the 5800X3D was announced (it was in Oct last year or something, I don't even remember but it took a while for its premiere).
I can only add that Ryzens 6000 with DDR5 are already in new laptops listed on some manufacturers' websites like ASUS, so soon will appear in stores and next will be the desktop version.

Back