• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buy New CPU Heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ffactoryxx

Basically here is my setup
2100+ SK-7 + YS TEk Adjustible
new RMA'ed 8rda+
Twinmos 1gb (2x512) CH-5

Before i sent my board in to get the caps changed, I ran my cpu [email protected] 11.5x200fsb
It stayed cool and never got above 47 under heavy load. Ran most times 24hr day for as i said 2-2.5 years

I figured with new caps and board out of case, why not buy New NB heatsink and was thinking about buying new hs and or fan for the cpu.

I bought the ZM-NB32J

Because my ram is ch-5 i could prolly take this up a good amount over 200 up to maybe 230-240. I might even be able to bump my cpu even faster.

Should i get a new heatsink or will the sk-7 be fine? does upping the fsb and lowering the multi make the cpu temp lower or the same.

I mean is i get say the SLK-900 was it. How much better is that than what i have

HOW HIGH HAVE YOU SEEN 2100+'s Pushed on air for 24/7 on time, moderate to light gaming and heavy video encoding.

That's pretty good heatsink. There are better ones now, but I don't think you could get much more speed. In my opinion it's not worth cash, unless you find some really good deal.

If your board is giving you the correct reading then 47 is pretty good for a 2100 OC'd at load. Rasing the fsb and lowering the multi will pretty well cancel each other out. The temp is a product of the speed of the cpu (and of course the voltage)and how it gets there doesn't matter. I suspect your board will top out before your ram. I would not tell anyone to sink a lot of money into a 2+ year old XP based system. Sooner or later the A64 bug will bite you. Save your money to releave that itch when it comes.

Back