• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't bear it any longer. I must get a widescreen LCD.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FunkyTechnician said:
I'm heavily considering the Apple cinema displays as well. With a student discount the 23" comes out to 1799 USD.

One thing that I like about the Cinema displays is that you can take them off the stand and mount them on the wall.

I've read the specs as presented on apple.com and have tried to searching online for reviews with the new cinema displays on PC's, etc with no luck. I'm not a hardcore gamer but I like to play the occasional game but if I spend that much money on a LCD I'd want it to do well whenever I do.

Any one read any reviews on the new cinema displays used with PC video cards?

Not a review but someone on this forum bought a 20" and says it works well for him

20' cinema display

if i get a widescreen display(LCD)

will the games i play look right i know o can change my desktop resolution but what about games like BF1942 and FAR CRY?

also does Dell make a good lcd? in widescreen?

i can get it through work at a good price

and what do i look for
i want Dvi input and low ms response and high brightness(nits) right?

this is a noob question.the pic above from daba. he has connected 2 monitors to show the picture across both screens.how is this done? if he is watching a film or playing a game then will the whole picture hav a black line in the middle (monitor case)?

I had heard some time ago that the Apple Cinema displays are not as good as people make them out to be?

save up $2k and get a 50' HD TV with a res of 1080i :)

krazykongo said:
this is a noob question.the pic above from daba. he has connected 2 monitors to show the picture across both screens.how is this done? if he is watching a film or playing a game then will the whole picture hav a black line in the middle (monitor case)?

Most of the newer video cards now have 2 video outputs. One DVI and one Dsub, or 2 DVI, etc. Or some people also install a PCI video card. Daba actually has 2 wallpapers on, one for each screen which you can set in the display properties. And yes, there will be a black line in the middle, since thats the frame of the LCDs. Here's mine with LOTR playing.

IMG_0426.JPG

Sorry for the huge size, I don't know how to resize with these weird tags. :bang head

I went with this one after seeing it at Micro Center over and over playing DM3.

Syntax Olevia 27" LCD

Had it for a month now and its the best purchase I've ever made for my pc. I'll never go back to stadard 4:3 again, widescreen is the love of my life.

Just a few details about this model. Has a 16ms response, I've never seen any ghosting on it and I play tons of games. Works ok as a tv. I have standard digital cable right now and picture is nothing special but still more than viewable. I have connected it up to HD Cable and picture was perfect. Most games I can get to run at 1280x720 no problems (have to use pstrip to add in the custom resolution). I use an x800xt pe which have HD support, don't know how good the NV support for it is. No one I have ever heard of buying one of these has ever had a dead pixel. Overall the best lcd for price out there. You can spend another $5-600 for a samsung or sharp lcd with better build quality/tv quality, but as far as pc monitor goes this one does the job well.

Back