• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get ram up to speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Give it a try at 8-10-9-27 if a no go then 9-10-9. I find my AMD usually likes the tRC a bit higher.

Wow those seem odd. I will give them a shot a bit later today and let you know. And honestly I'm at that point where even if I have to drop the speed lower, I'd love to run 5ghz stable.

We'll do what we can Draven as long as your cooling can keep up we'll get you there. Higher CPU speed will give you more benefit than high Ram speed anyway.

roughly an hour with blend no errors. what do you think?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 35
Temps and all look good Draven, I have to ask though is that the stock 4.7 CPU speed? Also you probably won't need the CPU_NB set to 1.3v right now since the NB is slower and you're not using the 2400 ram speed. This can help bring temps down slightly.

Sounds good Draven, also at this point why don't you see if you can increase the Multi by .5, we'll see if it can handle 4.8G without added voltage. Do you have that set or is it still on auto?

I have not touched the multiplier. It is or should be from what I understand at 24. Is that correct?

Stock would be 4.7 (23.5) with turbo up to 5.0. Your stock VID is 1.537v so if you're lucky you might be able to run 4.9 to 5.0 without changing voltage. It's very hard to tell at this point since we've only been testing at stock as far as I know. The way I approached my 9370 was to pick a voltage of 1.45 and see how high I could go speed wise before raising it. Since you're looking to get the magic 5.0 I would suggest just raising the multi and test with P95 for 20 minutes and watch your temps. If it passes, raise it another 0.5 and try again. Just try to keep the CPU/socket below 70 and core/package below 60

OK so I must have messed stuff up bad cause at 4.8 both temps are around 66 after like 4 mins. I shut it down before I grabbed the screen though.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 26
I see what you meant about the multiplier, it's saying 24.5 but you're running 4815. Maybe if you update CPU-z to the new version that'll fix that up. As for the rise in temps that's quite normal when increasing the speed. This is whaere you're going to have to set your voltage manually if you want a bit more speed out of it. Notice how it jumped all the way to 1.55V, Try setting it manually to 1.5v and set the CPU LLC in the digi section to ultra high. Then try again and see if it'll run without losing workers. This is the point where volts can rise very quickly. We need to control the voltage a bit more and the settings I gave you should keep it to around 1.51ish under load.

Is your reference clock at 200 or 196?? I have to get going Draven and it'll be a while before I can get back on. Maybe take the reference off auto and set it to 200 and drop the multi to 24.

Back