• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get ram up to speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is there some secret benefit from trying to run that speed that you'd like to share?

AMD has always preferred slower and tight over faster and loose. This is no secret.

Or are you just trolling me...........:sly:

Is there some secret benefit from trying to run that speed that you'd like to share?

Almost like back in the old days ain't it mR. sCOTT? No helpful information just somelthing that makes you have to ask are you being trolled. Odd you don't even have benching as your trademark and yet you know how many AMD HWBot submissions show with DDR3-2400 ram or greater.

This post of his is what I could not make sense of:
QuickFast says >>
not trolling you brother maybe your team mates
you got to bring to the table

On two lines like that.
Now I can read that as > not trolling you brother and put a period for punctuation at the end of that phrase and he is not trolling you man.

Then I have to read >> maybe your team mates and put a period there for punctuation and then it reads. I am not trolling you man but I might be trolling your team mates. You got any team mates mR. sCOTT?

Maybe if it were like this >I am not trolling you brother; maybe your team mates, that you got to bring to the table. Get your team mates to the table for what?

So I don't know. Often I can read, writing. Sometimes I can even write something that is readable. Then there are times I seem unable to either read or write. I never know just how I will show up. Not sure how it is for today yet.
RGone...ster.

Wow I'm sorry I started this thread now. Things never change. AMD vs. Intel fanboys. Reminds me of when my buddy tried to put his new PIII rig against my TBird.

not trolling you brother maybe your team mates
you got nothihg to bring to the table

Made me lol.
BTW, what position is your team in again?........oh yeah, below mine.
Don't worry, I'll save you a place at the table. ;)
Peaceful co-existence is a good thing.

Wow I'm sorry I started this thread now. Things never change. AMD vs. Intel fanboys. Reminds me of when my buddy tried to put his new PIII rig against my TBird.

There is no fanboyism here. I run both manufacturers. ;)

Sorry for the OT posts. I'll leave now.

I had posted before that I don't care that I would have to slow my clock and speed down. I was reluctant but I will. That's if some one has a good suggestion on timings like I asked before. If not screw it I won't oc and the timings I have now for 2400 just ran blend again for 2.75 hours and had no workers drop.

I had posted before that I don't care that I would have to slow my clock and speed down. I was reluctant but I will. That's if some one has a good suggestion on timings like I asked before. If not screw it I won't oc and the timings I have now for 2400 just ran blend again for 2.75 hours and had no workers drop.

Don't worry about that Draven ....... here in the AMD section you are not the first person to come in looking to run their equipment at such and such speed. we deal with it every day, usually its with motherboards and can get a little tiring at times.

In the end it is your equipment run it as you like, if you need help there is always someone here that can help you till you decide that's enough or someone to tell you when going farther is not worth pushing your equipment. For the most part you will always get fair advice from the regulars anyways.

As I said before , 1866 is standard memory controller clock for AMD nowadays. Since memory controller has its limitations, no matter how you set memory , it won't show any special performance improvement. In this case you set 1866-2133 memory clock but try to tighten memory timings and push CPU-NB to the max ( usually 2500-2800 depends from CPU ).
I was able to run memory up to 3100 on AMD/FX but I couldn't make it 100% stable @2400+. System was randomly crashing ( mainly in games ) even though, memory could pass 5h+ stability tests.
Actually there is no point to try to set 2400+ memory clock on any platform which isn't using IGP ... and FX series are not using IGP.
For benching you can set 2800+ to get slightly better results but even then it won't help much just because of that limited memory controller in FX CPUs.

And as I said, I understand now that when I bought these I was mislead into believing that the components I bought could reliably run 5ghz with ram at 2,400mhz. I have accepted this and am willing to move on to just archiving a 5 or 5.1 ghz oc with ram below what I was HOPING would be a sweet match. And with such does anyone have a suggestion to timings and voltages to active this. Btw I agree and can see that 2400 is actually worse than even 1333 as BF4 sucks now horribly at 2400.

TridentX 2400 should work stable at:
1600 7-8-8-24 ~1.60V
1800/1866 8-9-9-24 ~1.60-1.65V
2000 ~9-10-10-24 ~1.60-1.65V
2133 9-11-11-28 ~1.60-1.65V

Most of above settings will give you performance similar to 2400 10-12-12.
You can run memory benchmarks like AIDA64 to compare settings and pick which one performs best.

Believe me, I'm also not happy that I can't run memory stable @2400 on AMD. Recently I got A8 6600K and no matter what I do it's crashing with memory @2400. Too much depends from memory controller.

Thought OP had 2400mhz on the first page.

I'm not an admin, but I'd lock this thread because OP may start feeling some great he doesn't need.....

TridentX 2400 should work stable at:
1600 7-8-8-24 ~1.60V
1800/1866 8-9-9-24 ~1.60-1.65V
2000 ~9-10-10-24 ~1.60-1.65V
2133 9-11-11-28 ~1.60-1.65V

Most of above settings will give you performance similar to 2400 10-12-12.
You can run memory benchmarks like AIDA64 to compare settings and pick which one performs best.

Believe me, I'm also not happy that I can't run memory stable @2400 on AMD. Recently I got A8 6600K and no matter what I do it's crashing with memory @2400. Too much depends from memory controller.
Tried 8-9-9-25 at 1.65. 2 workers dropped after 10mins in blend. Thinking 9-9-9-25 at 1.65

Back