• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get ram up to speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Figure I'd mount it through back of case blowing on the back of the board. No?

Nzxt switch 810 is my case. Figured it would cool socket for CPU and NB sockets too. But I guess I can go small. And don't say that's what she said :)

And don't day that's what she said
:rofl:

Sucks the 810 doesn't have a fan mount on the right side panel, that would make things a lot more convenient, or you could jigsaw it like I did to my Silverstone TJ07. :D

Nzxt switch 810 is my case. Figured it would cool socket for CPU and NB sockets too. But I guess I can go small. And don't say that's what she said :)

I was intending for the backside of the Mobo

I didn't cut a hole and got a 10° drop in temps. All I did was use double sided tape and stuck it to the cooler bracket.

Yeah but you were just aiming for CPU socket. I'm going for both in one shot. I want to "cost effectively" cool both.

If you take another look at that pic you'll see a row of chips on the backside to the right. Those things will get up over 100c when pushing the CPU. That airflow back there is more important than you think for the VRM as well. If I were to do one or the other it would be on the back. In reality you can't do both with one fan any other way. If you have an old HS from another processor you can rig up the fan off of it back there just to try it out.

That's what I'm trying to do. Put one beefy fan on the right side of my case behind the mobo.

It's up to you but a decent 120x15 would do the. If you're no opposed to whacking a hole in the case that's even better but a bigger fan would have to be mounted on the outside of the case unless you have more than an inch of space between the door and board. It would just look tidier.

I planned on cutting out the sheet metal and using the piece to cut and make a "duct".

This is what I was going for, not sure what you'd be doing with duct work.

bass.jpg

Like I said a slim fan is enough air and a lot less work.

Maybe your right. Maybe just drill some holes to pull in a bit of air instead of cutting it up.

Like I said earlier try with just a fan inside and see if it's enough, you might not need a hole at all.

Back