• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant keep it cooler than room temp !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With respect, you have no idea what is 'too hot' is for the silicon. You also have different silicon with different limits.

Ahh I guess it like AMD vs Intel temps then. :shrug:

Intel can go higher so say 60C on a 2500K wouldn't be all that hot, but 60C on an AMD would be considered hot?

I have lots to learn. Experience takes time to acquire. ;)

Yeah. 70c on a AMD 955 is death. 70c on an Intel core-anything is just getting started.
On the other hand, full load temps of 50c are possible on the AMD, and almost impossible on most Intel chips. It's very specific to manufacturer and chip type / process / package.

Yeah. 70c on a AMD 955 is death. 70c on an Intel core-anything is just getting started.
On the other hand, full load temps of 50c are possible on the AMD, and almost impossible on most Intel chips. It's very specific to manufacturer and chip type / process / package.

Thanks!

I do lack experience and knowledge here I will admit. Mostly because I have never been able to overclock before.
That and I wasn't a member here at OCF :p

Don't worry about it, we all started somewhere!
Your job is to learn and keep learning. Not dissimilar to my job, or any of our jobs, really.
It's a complex thing we're all playing with here, and it's getting more complex by the moment.

Don't worry about it, we all started somewhere!
Your job is to learn and keep learning. Not dissimilar to my job, or any of our jobs, really.
It's a complex thing we're all playing with here, and it's getting more complex by the moment.

Thanks!

I'll catch up eventually ;)

Back