• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't power up new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pull the computer apart. Put the motherboard on a piece of cardboard. Put the CPU with heatsink in, put one stick of RAM in, and hook in the PSU.

So. just got off the phone with ASUS, who were unable to offer any help. They suggested I try another PSU, which I don't have. As all components are brand new, I will just return them to the dealer and see what they say.

Or you could try what I said. Manufacturers won't help with building a PC.

haha, just return them to the dealer. Maybe you shouldn't have tried building your own computer to begin with.

You know, you guys called me a butthead for a seemingly innocent comment I made earlier... and I apologized - twice!

I think your comment is totally unwarranted, especially for a newbie like me, both here, and in building. I was just looking for some advice from more experienced people like yourself.

You know, you guys called me a butthead for a seemingly innocent comment I made earlier... and I apologized - twice!

I think your comment is totally unwarranted, especially for a newbie like me, both here, and in building. I was just looking for some advice from more experienced people like yourself.

And ignoring some advice given, then saying "well its still not working"

Just a followup..

I did remove the board from the chassis and tried it on the bench.. same symptoms. Returned the board to the dealer, and he tried it on the bench and confirmed the board was defective.

Got a new one from stock, moved my memory and cpu over to it, and tried it there at the shop.. and it worked. Brought it home and tried it in my chassis and it also worked.

Conclusion: the original mobo was definitely DOA.

Now on to the next step. Stay tuned.. I may need to call upon your expertise again.

Thanks!

Back