• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CaseLabs TH10 Red and Black Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to the forums P3nnywise! Congrats on your build here. I've always wanted to have a water cooled system but never had to guts to actually do it :)

So I talked to FrozenCPU yestarday and look like my frozenQ resevoir will ship out priority mail today. So i should have it by monday.

I received my black sleeving last night as well. I was able to get my 580 sleeved and started pin removal on my 24 pin connector. Looks like I will be pretty busy this weekend. Time to finish routing and securing the hoses, and a ton of wire management. not to mention my fan controller should be here tomorrow. Now i just need to figure out if I need 2 of them or if i can do it all with the 1 fan controller.

I can't wait to see the finished build! I watched a youtube build log from a dude with a white version of the case. I am just finding out now how much shipping is to AUS :)

BTW nice display pic - that is the 2nd scariest image of Tim Curry in make up I have ever seen, 1st is of course Dr Frank-n-furter :)

so after about 8 to 10 hours of sleeving. i have the video card and motherboard sleeved. Saturday I received a package from Frozencpu of my coolant, fan controller (i only need 1 of these), Phobya distribution blocks for my fans, and 8 more epic Phobya fans. I am starting to think i should put another radiator in there above the mother board and run it in series with the current radiator. I was thinking of going out of the current one into the cpu block, out of that into the 2nd radiator then into the gpu. Just a little over kill though. we will see. also would like to put some more fans in the bottom of the case to push air out. Yes again a little overkill, but hey it would look great. These Phobya fan are epic. They sell out of them so quick that it makes it hard to get them in the quantity that i want. They look great and are so quiet. I got alot of other stuff to do while i think about it. I should get my resevoir tomorrow (hopefully). then i can get this beast up and running.

I still need to get some UV lights, and a couple pushbuttons, one to replace the blue power button and one to turn the lights off and on.

Took another pictures with my phone with the top off the case.

imag0332w.jpg

So great and not so great news today.
First, lets get the not so great news out of the way.
So I received a package today that was supposed to have some more bitspower fittings and my resevoir. I got the fittings, but no resevoir. They shipped it out looks like today using fedex ground. Ugg, on a holiday weekend. I guess I will have to spend some more time on wire management.

And now for the GREAT news.
So I received an email this morning from AquaTuning and they want to send me the rest of the Phobya fans and lighting I need to

finish this case. WOW, you guys rock. Thank You AquaTuning and Phobya for your generosity and great products.

aquatuning_us_200_kb.gif

phobya_468x60.gif

I will now be rocking 28 fans in this case. Yes a bit over kill, but defenatly sweet. the radiator will be on full. the others

will be tuned down. I'm realy wanting another radiator now. I will have to see once the fans get here what everything looks like put togeather.

I picked up a new camera last night, so I've got a couple more pictures and will be taking more as i make progress.

So after talking to frozencpu, for some reason the usps tracking number was showing up as a fedex tracking number. Weird... So i received the resevoir on wednesday. Nice looking resevoir. Problem started with mounting holes for the res. Drilled couple holes into my bracket and that was fixed. I mounted the pump on the back with the brackets. and was ready to go. filled it with coolant and plugged the pump in to a bench power supply to leak test it. well the pump impeller bottoms out on the housing. it was not drilled deep enough when they fabbed it up. ok so i replaced the rubber O-ring with a little larger diameter one that came with the pump. Well it will spin now but there is no flow. it moved it maybe a 1/16 of an inch out. It should have worked great. but when I took a closer look at it, they drilled too deep on the outlet and actualy drilled into the inlet. I sent frozencpu some pictures and called them. they said it could be another 2 week. Uhg.

A quick stop to the hardware store. I picked up some 1/2 ID hose and a couple reducers and temped in my water lines to so i could get this beast up and running.

image2oy.jpg

I talked to the guys at AquaTuning and they should be sending me out some stuff here shortly. I was looking at getting another radiator, when i went to look at getting a Black Ice sr1 420 for above the mobo. I can't beleive they sell the 420 for $20 more than the 480. I might just move my blueray drive an get another 480. anyway, here are some more pictures. I will post more as they come in. And yes, the zip ties will be coming off when im done with the wire management.

image8hk.jpg

image7sg.jpg

image6xd.jpg

image5cf.jpg

image4dl.jpg

image3nl.jpg

image1cj.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback, Keep it coming.

Nice P3nnywise, one of the better case labs builds I have seen. Case labs are beautiful but huge and open, takes some planning to get the view through window to look that good.

thanks guys, I still have alot of wire management to do, but I think this will turn out pretty good.

So my sata power cables were looking pretty bad, so I decided to sleeve my drives tonight. Here is what it used to look like, and what it looks like now

bl10u.jpg

bl9t.jpg

Well, after taking thoughs pictures I thought I would play a little with the camera and take some more pictures.
First 2 are of the old school sewing of the cables. Picked this idea up from franks build. I love the old school look.
The resevoir looks more orange and pink then red. Kinda disapointed in that.
So.. I went down and picked up 2 red leds that im going to some how mount on the ends of the red coils inside of it.
Was thinking about imbedding them into the acrylic, not sure as there is no room on the ends. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

bl11x.jpg

bl12.jpg

bl8b.jpg

bl7x.jpg

bl6r.jpg

bl5a.jpg

bl4cc.jpg

bl3x.jpg

bl2q.jpg

bl1tu.jpg

These pictures are with out my lighting installed, so the pictures look lighter from over exposure.

Found some better setting on my new camera. You should be able to see the reds better now.

dl2f.jpg

dl1q.jpg

So after a little bit of overclocking, I was able to get my processor stable at over 5 ghz. I backed it off to 4.8 ghz to run at. I was playing around with the gpu today and did a couple benchmarks with 3dmark 11. Here are the results. http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2263223

The Temps on this card are great. Under full load at these settings I haven't gone over 40. The cpu seems to run about 40 to 50.

Badass rig man!

I like the wiring style, I usually don't like individual sleeving but that case is huge enough and it doesn't look messy like most do.

Seeing the CaseLabs stuff in action makes me want to ditch my perfectly good Pinnacle 24 and rebuild my rig :p

Its been a busy week with thanksgiving and work, so I havent got a lot done. I'm mostly waiting on parts. I received the 4 back ordered fans today and installed them to get an idea of what things will look like. I did get some wire management done. made and sleeved the sata power cables and started building some cords for my fan controller. Looking at the pictures, I think I'm sold on getting another radiator. probably a 360 for above the motherboard.
I talked to the guys from FrozenQ, and they are sending me out a replacement peice for the resevoirs pump mount. Once the fans and lighting get here from Aquatuning, I can start realy digging into the wiring on the power supply side. I will be cutting all the fan cable to the exact legth i need and resleeving them. I plan to put the additional radiator in at the same time I mount the pump on the back of the radiator.
I have been looking for some UV Red Vinyl to make some decals for the inside. I have 24" vinyl plotter and for the life of me I can't seem to find this kind of vinyl. I checked my local distributor and they dont have anything like it. I know they make it, cause I have seen in decals with it. Well, heres a couple more pictures.

1212u.jpg

1211r.jpg

Thanks for all the great feedback. You guys are awsome. I'm still working on some wire management. I have my fan controller about half wired and sleeved. I also started sleeving my phobya fans with red and black sleeving. I thought about just keeping the black sleeving, It actually looks realy good, but I wanted to put some red in there. I also wanted to cut all the cords to length. Trying to decide what I want to do to the outside. as far as airbursh or what. I picked up some vinyl from my distributor to play around with. I will try to get some photos this weekend for you guys. So, I'm still waiting for my replacement piece for my pump mount. Also got some great news from AquaTuning and Phobya. The package is in the mail and on its way. I will have to get my second radiator ordered this weekend. Yes I know its over kill. But it will look sweet. I also decided to call this build EpiDemic. I'm going to be working on some decals for it this weekend.

I did a little rewiring and sleeving of the front fans. I also heat shrinked all the way up to the mothor on the fan. I'm going to wait to do the rest till I get my other Phobya fans from AquaTuning, which should be here in 1 or 2 days. Then I can start wiring all the fans in and the lights. Im going to have to add wire to the fan cords to make them long enough to go over to were I want all the power distribution blocks to be. I looked into uninsulated butt splices, but they are to big. so im going to just solder the wires and heat shrink them. I will be ordering my second radiator as well as the additional bitspower fitting. It was realy over cast today, so it was hard to get some good pictures for you guys. I took a few pictures of the Mushkin ram for a couple of you that liked it. Yes, I have a ton of wire management to do on the power supply side of my case. I'm waiting till I get the fans in and them I will be sleeving and organizing them. I also took some pictures of the Phobya decal I made. I also have a pictures of the NRP logo I have been playing around with. I'm waiting for the updated logo so I can use that one. Its taped under the power supply to see what it would look like there. I think im going to make it larger. There is to much detail to make it so small.

dscn0253p.jpg

dscn0251y.jpg

dscn0254k.jpg

dscn0257o.jpg

dscn0271wz.jpg

dscn0276f.jpg

dscn0281v.jpg

dscn0294it.jpg

dscn0295z.jpg

dscn0296l.jpg

dscn0250f.jpg

dscn0249u.jpg