• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cases (towers)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
believe this or not. I have spoken with and online store company. a well know company. and the tech their asked me if my tower is the right tower? I said well you tell me sence I bought the barbone kit from you and your company, and it is the case that you have added to the barbone kit. so this is why i am asking this. because I don't think her knows his butt to his elbow. seriouse. so anyways i ahs asked him to speak with another tech.

I'm still confused on what you are trying to do, but I believe I see what you are trying to say.

You bought a barebones kit from a company and want to know if a specific case works with it? The only difference between cases (when it comes to motherboards) is how large of a motherboard it will take. Most cases will fit an ATX case, but there are some that are larger (e-ATX) and smaller (mATX). Obviously, this varies between boards, so we need specifics.

What exact hardware are you using and what cases are you looking at?

If this isn't what you are asking, please re-write your posts so they make sense. Small grammar mistakes can be ignored while reading, but I can't help if I don't know what you are saying.

I have been buildign custom pc for about 2 in half yrs. now. and i know their are diffrent case towers. But wjat i am getting at is WHY will a company try to blame the problem on the towers? I never heard of a tower that will make a motherboard fail, power supplys to buzz and then boop,. anyways, what i am tring to do with this is simple as pie.
WHY Would a internet computer store will blame the tower for this?

I don't see how a case would cause issues with a motherboard, unless it was installed wrong (i.e. with no standoffs).

I believe (and this is a complete shot in the dark here) that the OP is saying that the Internet computer company with which he is dealing is trying to blame the case for the computer's failure, be it motherboard or PSU related or otherwise.

OP, some of these so called techicians are no more qualified to be working with computers than I am to do open heart surgery. They just sit in front of computer screens reading what is written on them in hopes of finding a solution. Not to mention there is a distinct possibility that English may not be their first language, so communication may be further hindered.

If you've been working with PCs as long as you have, and it seems you have extensive knowledge of what you are doing, then ignore that tech's question and try to deal with somebody that knows what they are talking about. Asking to speak with a different tech (hopefully a supervisor) is the best thing you could have done.

Best of luck!

Back