• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check out this RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kung Pow

Registered
I have been looking for good RAM to work with on my Maximus V Formula and found this:

http://geizhals.at/eu/815205

16GB Kit 2133MHZ, CL9-11-11-28 for 150 Euro

Isn´t that an absolutely amazing deal?
I have never seen 2133 RAM with such timings under 200 Euro.

I originally wanted to get 32GB 4x8GB, but I heard it was causing too many problems on Z77 in general.

So what do you think about this kit?

I don't know if it's so good deal. Not that bad but there is some more similar kits on market.
Here you have 2x8GB TridentX 2400 10-12-12 that ( if I count good ) is even cheaper. Also free shipping from amazon warehouse to some countries. RipjawsZ 16GB 2133 9-11-10 should cost about the same as Team kit. Main difference will be that this RipjawsZ kit is probably on Hynix IC and Team or TridentX are mainly on Samsungs.

Really if you are not benching and you need memory mainly for games and other similar stuff then get 1600-1866 kit that cost about 30-50% less.

Last edited:
TridentX and those Ripjawsz are both 1.6 or 1.65V

Intelspec is 1.5V Max, and I don´t wanna exceed that.

Is a 2400 Kit with CL10 better than 2133 CL9?

Also I wanna try to avoid 8GB Dimms, due to the doubling of their memory addresses they are still too unstable.

Personally I haven´t yet found a 16GB Kit under 200Euros that could beat the above mentioned one from Team Group.
I was hoping you could present a 1.5 2400 or 2133 Kit with better timings and price.

And isn´t there a performance drop at 2400?

Last edited:
It's about the same. Both ( Team and TridentX ) will run @2133 9-11-11 1.50-1.55V or 2400 10-12-12 1.60-1.65V just XMP profile is programmed for one of these settings.
I see no problems with 8GB sticks also with voltage above 1.50V. Think about it from the other side ... most available memory kits are 1.65V, so manufacturers would make them if it wasn't safe ?
If you are looking at intel specification then DDR3-1600 is highest guaranteed memory for Ivy Bridge ...

I know that 1600 would be Intelspec as well, but I am less worried about out of bounds speeds than voltages.

Out of spec voltages could interfere with the CPU OC, raise the Vcore, potentially damage the IMC or cause current fluctuation.

Out of spec memory speeds don´t really affect anything, aside from applying stress to the IMC but as long as temps are alright and I won´t need too much VTT I won´t worry about it.

So basically in terms of 1.5V 2133 RAM, that Team Group Xtreme Kit I posted above pretty much kills anything of the competition in terms of timings right?:)

Especially the fact that all the other Dimms with equal or slightly superior timings are all 1.6 or 1.65 Kits, makes this TM Xtreem Kit really phenomenal.

I would rather go with 2133 and CL9, because it´s just got lower rated timings, and might play out not to require a raise at all.
And even if so, at 1.5V and 2133, the 2400 might actually work at stock voltage, I have seen it being done, but it seems a little unlikely.

So to sum it up.
Have you got any other 2133 1.5V Kit to throw at me which could beat my mentioned TM one?:)

Back