• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Class G "The Lysine Contingency V2.0" Official Submissions Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just wish I had a stronger GPU to help out more, but I had to use my 470 for E class to put up some decent scores.

If we all had 570/580's we'd be pwning everyone with a major beatdown for sure.

You know what? If I had been thinking a bit straighter when I joined... I could have just abdicated from the team from day one and someone could have run my 6950(*70) with one of your chips. It may not have been able to hang with the 580, but any of you would have been able to get more out of it than my 955BE did and it may have been able to catch up to the 570s. This was my mistake. I should have just realized I was outmatched and one of you could have had a better score... Poor planning on my side. :bang head

MAJOR UPDATE

I've been snooping around a bit and I have some updates for y'all...

- Found TRP's final OCed Scores for class G and we handed them a beat down of extreme proportions... Looks like their final score for Class G will be ~703K points against our ~1025K points.

- Have only found one final score for OCN and I have good news...
XtremeCustomz from OCN (i5 750 + GTX570) should be submitting a final score of 327,839
All of our scores beat that by at least 10K points. So if the other two members of OCN are slacking off like this guy... we should take Class G hands down since OCN was the only real threat in the class.

Last edited:
You know what? If I had been thinking a bit straighter when I joined... I could have just abdicated from the team from day one and someone could have run my 6950(*70) with one of your chips. It may not have been able to hang with the 580, but any of you would have been able to get more out of it than my 955BE did and it may have been able to catch up to the 570s. This was my mistake. I should have just realized I was outmatched and one of you could have had a better score... Poor planning on my side. :bang head

No worries, really if I'd of though harder I'd of tried to find a way to snag a 2nd 5870 to jump to F class, our G class i5's are killing our F class team.

I know, 1ms wPrime wouldn't make much of a difference....but it sure knocked a cascade guy off his position on the BOT. :rofl:

My FINAL score.

SamSaveMax - OCForums - G - The Lysine Contingency v2.0
i5 750 (4)
GEIL Ultra 2x2GB DDR3-2133 @ 9-9-9-28
GTX 460 (1)
Air Cooling (x)
Total System Handicap (5)

Geekbench 32 bit = 9,734
http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/350305

3Dmark Vantage = P18,410
http://3dmark.com/3dmv/2914299

3Dmark06 = 26,732
http://3dmark.com/3dm06/15411246

wPrime = 6.374ms

Total = 345,635

Stock Speed: 2660
OC'ed Speed: 4761
Percentage per calculator: 178.985%
OC Bonus: 78,985

Total Score: 345,635

Last edited:
If you update your scores from now until they are officially entered tonight, please place your submission in the Official Scoring Thread here to make sure it is not over looked! Wouldn't want all of your hard work to not be counted. Great work so far guys... we're looking pretty good ;)

Got your update Sam. Eeeking out every little bit aren't you, nice work!

Looking very good The Lysine Contingency v2.0....you guys are currently leading the G class, abeit only by a slim margin :-/

Well done :D

Looking very good The Lysine Contingency v2.0....you guys are currently leading the G class, abeit only by a slim margin :-/

Well done :D

As long as we stay ahead of OCN we should be ok... the other teams should pose no threat since they're out matched HW wise.

Thats who you are leading by a slim margin... PUSH! :p

Its your CPU speeds and scores that are outclassing ocn here. Their GPUs are monsters compared to what we have in this classs. I also have to imagine that the other two of OCN has more in their CPU than 4.3Ghz........

I can't help but think jaymz and Sam are being held back by ram a little bit...

If needed I have two sets of these: CMT4GX3M2A2000C8... They have ran 1800MHz at 7-8-7 on my AMD setup, so I figure they'd be capable of more on your stronger Intel setups.

If you guys want/need to take them for a spin, let me know and I'll get them shipped out ASAP so you can get some scores in before the final deadline. March 2nd

Sebastian

Attachments

• signature.jpg
    signature.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I've been killing my self (and hopefully not my hardware) trying to get some improvements, I think the higher temps we've had is hurting me as I can't even get matching runs to my submissions right now:bang head.

Man I wish I'd of had this chip when I was doing my 655K runs with idle temps at -10 on air.

Well... We have the only real threat in the class (OCN) beat by about 4K points right now... I'm just worried that they are holding back on max scores and are going to submit much higher wPrime and OC Bonus scores before the deadline... It doesn't make sense to me that two of them are submitting final scores with 4.4GHz wPrime runs on i5 750/760... You guys have proven that the chips can go much higher than that on air... So if they catch up to your clocks we're done for.

Well... We have the only real threat in the class (OCN) beat by about 4K points right now... I'm just worried that they are holding back on max scores and are going to submit much higher wPrime and OC Bonus scores before the deadline... It doesn't make sense to me that two of them are submitting final scores with 4.4GHz wPrime runs on i5 750/760... You guys have proven that the chips can go much higher than that on air... So if they catch up to your clocks we're done for.

They may have bad chips/are scared of voltage. My 750 I owned would barely get over 4.2 at all and benchable was 4.15ish.

I wouldnt bank on that... Im mean, here is to hoping, but with OC bonus and improvement on Wprime even to 4.5Ghz, is a show stopper...

Here's a thought...

- Big a$$ Styrofoam cooler + 10 lbs of DICe
Put rig inside cooler with DICE... Just as long as no part of the rig is touching the DICE; you're still on AIR... bench away.

Stupid idea?

OCN just playing cat and mouse with us. It looks like they didn't bother overclocking their GPUs much.

I dont know about that... I had my 570 at 980/1960/2000 at 4.7Ghz and barely broke 30.5k in 06 and hit 30.8k in vantage. Thats with HT vs those chips that dont.

If anything its their CPU they are sandbagging (post 68)...

Back