• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Class G "The Lysine Contingency V2.0" Official Submissions Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow it is a really good thing that our CPU's clock like mad because we'd be getting our asses handed to us right now if they didn't.

Wow it is a really good thing that our CPU's clock like mad because we'd be getting our asses handed to us right now if they didn't.

Thing is I don't know if they're stuck with bad chips or they're just holding back the truly good scores for the last minute.

Thing is I don't know if they're stuck with bad chips or they're just holding back the truly good scores for the last minute.

Good question, although my first I5 750 would only clock to 4.3ghz no matter what so it is possible that they are maxxed.

Good question, although my first I5 750 would only clock to 4.3ghz no matter what so it is possible that they are maxxed.

From your fingers to god's ears... Another team that surprised me was TRP... I knew they were afraid of killing HW, but their scores are just a shame.

If they're sandbagging to try and sneak in for the final submissions... bad move on their part... that's not going to cut it this year. Especially, since they're getting dominated up top, they need the wins in D E F G. If you guys hang onto this class... I think you'll win the wars for us ;)

We are really the ONLY forum that has participants in EVERY class that are diehard benchers... everyone else just fills classes with who ever they can. We win, because we have a great organization, great execution, and one hell of a forum/team backing us :thup:

Last edited:
If they're sandbagging to try and sneak in for the final submissions... bad move on their part... that's not going to cut it this year. Especially, since they're getting dominated up top, they need the wins in D E F G. If you guys hang onto this class... I think you'll win the wars for us ;)

We are really the ONLY forum that has participants in EVERY class that are diehard benchers... everyone else just fills classes with who ever they can. We win, because we have a great organization, great execution, and one hell of a forum/team backing us :thup:

:salute:

I would love bench some more if I'm able to...but....

Next stage....Jay & 87dtna might have a chance to squeeze for more.
Though, I'm using a cheap Gigabyte's board and settings differ than yours....but here is my settings for your comparison.

Code:
wPrime32
XP
Boot in Windows @ 21 x 222 BCLK @ 4662Mhz
then use SetFSB to increase MHz
Start benching point (adjustment in SetFSB) from 588, 590, 591 and 592 for the final kill.

BASIC BIOS Settings for 21x222

SPD8
Ram:	Standard
LLC:	Enabled
QPI Ratio:	x32
PCI-E Freq:	108
CPU Clock Skew:	300
CPU Clock Drive:	1000
PCI-E Clock Drive:	1000

VCORE		1.60750
QPI/VTT		1.73
PCH		1.34
CPU PLL		2.02

DRAM Voltage	1.82
Timing		898-27-120-1T G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz YIELD earlier result: 6.375ms (SetFSB @ 591)
Timing		999-28-120-1T GEIL Ultra 2133MH YIELD latest result: 6.374ms (SetFSB @ 592)

Killed EXPLORER.exe for each and every run.

Above setting was also used for Geekbench...but with Windows 7 x86 instead.....
....with reduced clock to 21 x 221 BCLK....changed to SPD10 with GEIL higher speed rams.

Last edited:
I've tried XP multiple times.....my Win7 x86 beat it every single time.

Dang.. I tried XP, Vista, W7 in both 32 and 64 bit flavors and xp32 gave me the best score I could get.

Oh well... I guess every system is different.

Sebas

They may have bad chips/are scared of voltage. My 750 I owned would barely get over 4.2 at all and benchable was 4.15ish.

:rofl: Have you forgotten???...you SOLD that chip to me :rofl:

Yeah, that chip suck big time!!! But doable at 4.2GHz
I've used that chip for a mini review of G.Skill HERE.
It's not a clocker....but would do daily chores fine.

While clocking that dud.......I thought my board was going bad or pushed the ram too hard or worst...my skill was getting rusty. :rofl:

:rofl: Have you forgotten???...you SOLD that chip to me :rofl:

Yeah, that chip suck big time!!! But doable at 4.2GHz
I've used that chip for a mini review of G.Skill HERE.
It's not a clocker....but would do daily chores fine.

While clocking that dud.......I thought my board was going bad or pushed the ram too hard or worst...my skill was getting rusty. :rofl:

I thought I has the worst board ever when I got that chip as it wouldn't go over 205 bclk, that's why I bought a k chip for the unlocked multi, glad I kept the board now as i've got this chip around 230ish.

Sorry guys, my system is absolutely capped.
Tried with 2x1GB GSkill rated 2000MHz....2 hours with no additional gain.

We just lost by merely a thousand points. I feel like ready to kill my chip eventhough it had mulitiple resets and killed my bios the other night.

Dtna and Jay, please help me guys. The game is not over. We can pull this together...or least one of us could come out with a better score.

Miah, please save for us a slot on the 5th.....Thanks.

BENCH.....BENCH ...BENCH :rock::rock:

Yes please, 87dtna....do you have anything left? Please :shrug:

Regardless....great work so far guys :thup:

I'll give it one last go when I get off work (last cold night). I don't have high hopes but I'll giver hell.

Just disassembled my rig for nude.......I hoped that would help.
Sigh, it has been warm lately here....

Back