• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clicking a OC Utility Freezes my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SameolDre

Registered
Hello,

When I click on my OC utility and load my setting, I can game all day, and when I am done, I goto the OC utility and apply defaults. The problem is when I come back the same day session and click on OC utility, my computer freezes. (its usually a 50/50 if it will) does anyone know? I did the Windows memory diagnostic and everything say its good.

Post your system spec's in detail, including the OS you're running, the OC utility you're using, the effective overclock frequency, and whether it's Prime or IBT stable.

Specs:
Intel 3770k: 4.3 ghz OC (IBT + PRIME STABLE)
Crossfire: 3gb HIS 7950 (1100/1500) (1150) stable
Windows 7
2x 1TB HD
G.Skill PC1333 OC @ 1600 (1.6 voltage): 16gb
HX 1050 Corsair PowerSupply
I think that is everything of importance?
Sapphire Trixxx

I did a test; I loaded my OC profile and loaded BF3 up. I closed Bf3 down and click trixx again and froze. I am going to do it again but exit out existing trixxx.

its not a severe problem but it is one I would like to solve.

What's the make and model of board, and what utility are you using to overclock?

Edit: Nevermind... I see you're referring to the Trixx utility for overclocking the GPU. Return the CPU and GPU overclocks to default clocks, and the memory to the rated DDR3-1333 w/ default timings and voltage. Then check again to see if the Trixx utility locks up your system.

Last edited:
Alright I pinpoint what is happening. Its everytime I click the utility after a GPU intensive application. z77 Sabertooth.

Back