• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clocking issues Asus ROG Strix B550-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CardPin

Registered
I am not sure what is actually going on with my system. I have G.Skill F4-3600C18D-16GVK I am just trying to clock it to its DDR-3600 and the max my motherboard will let me do with out issues is 3000. I am not sure why I can not get it all the way to the 3600? What I mean without issue is the the BIOS goes into safe mode, and wants it to reset. The rest of my system specs are on the my signature.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Are you on the latest bios? Did you try to set XMP or just manually try to work them up? What settings, exactly, have you tried (timings, voltages, etc).

I am on the latest Bios and just tried setting with XMP.

Ahh.

Try leaving everything on auto except for voltage (set to 1.35v) and then the speed to 3600.. see if that works.

Is the memory on the board's QVL list?

I called asus and they said most likely it was a bad board with all the different issues I was having with it. I returned it last night and upgraded to the ROG x570e this issue is now resolved.

Thank you

Back