• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM 430 Elite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilJoker

What is the best placement for coolermaster 430 elite case? Currently i have 2 CM 120mm on the top and 1 CM 120mm on the rear all is intake and 2 120mm rosewill on my CM Gemnii and 1 CM 120mm on the side as outtake and 1 CM 120mm on the bottom as outtake and 1 YateLoon 140mm on the front as outtake as well.. Ive got a E6750 2.66 OCed 3.28 temps is between 38-42c idle and 55-59 full load.. Is there a better salution for my case and cooling besides water? Thank you in advance for the help :shrug: :confused::confused::confused:

Most people have theirs set up the exact opposite. Intake from front and bottom, exhausting through top and rear.

Looking at the side, it's the general rule to have the air move from the bottom right to the top left.

This is what i was thinking when i did it like i did.. Is that where the CPU and HSF are at the top and if i was pulling fresh cool air from out side the case.. that it would hit directly at/on the CPU area.. and that the out take on teh side would pull it out.. push, pull and that 2 vid cards and slot exaust would pull it out. ill take a pic of my rig and show my set up.

This is what it looks like so yo u can get a better understanding... the only fan i cant show you is the 140mm in the front

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0232.JPG
    IMG_0232.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 119
I personally did top+rear 3x 120mm as exhaust fans on mine, with the 120mm side and front fans as intakes.

But my case has a very different setup, I have a tower-style heatsink with a 120mm Yate Loon D12SH-12 fan which pushes air through the heatsink and then the hot/warm air is immediately exhausted out the top of the case since the exhaust fans are directly behind it.

I would have liked to have added a bottom-mounted 120mm fan for intake as well, but unfortunately my power supply is too long and prevents me from mounting one down there. I may still mount a fan down there though, perhaps a 92mm or 80mm instead, as my case is very negatively-pressurized at the moment.

Anyway, I find this setup works well for me, and runs cooler than my original setup which was just the front intake and one rear exhaust.

Last edited:
i had a tower HSF. the way its set up is push from the top 2 120mm and rear 120mm and the side is aouttake.. But i just want to make sure this will work well.. ANd i my PSU is to long as well.. thats y its zip tied to the bottom :) My CPU is OCed 24% and runs temps about 36-42c dependin on room temps

Just try turning all your fans around as an experiment. I'd be willing to bet your temps would improve.
I say go ahead and do it because it isn't that much trouble, and the only thing it costs is time.

Yea.. its worth a try :) But it is alittle more trouble than ya think.. my HSF is LARGE. i will have to take it out to move the top two around.... :-\ But all the rest is not a prob..

Yea.. its worth a try :) But it is alittle more trouble than ya think.. my HSF is LARGE. i will have to take it out to move the top two around.... :-\ But all the rest is not a prob..
Ah yes. I did forget how tight a squeeze it is to get the top fans in. It's been a while since I had my 430.

I have a similar CM case with the intake at the front and side, double exhaust out the back, and cpu fan goes with the flow of these.

But where i have two GTX 260 in my case wouldnt it pull the intake air that comes in, into them instead of sending fresh air towards my HSF>?

Mine was set up with the stock front intake fan. I'm using a 212+ and i have 3 air penetrators all blowing air in the same direction towards the back of the case. (2 on the heatsink and the 3rd right behind them) My temps were great with that setup.

I've tried different set ups.. And so far the way I have mine seems to be the best.. But i am getting high rPm fans and that should make a difernece.. The current f sin have is only 1200rpm. The ones on there way is rated at 1700-2100 overtax alpOlish

Back