• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Command and Conquer 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not so great news, Koen one of the top CnC mod community seems to think that this game is virtually unmoddable until an SDK comes out.

http://www.deezire.net/index.php

EA have said that they 'are absolutely committed to creating a new MOD SDK for Command & Conquer 3 and getting that in your hands in as efficient timeline as possible with our resources.'

However that sounds like corporate weasel speak and in the past they have sometimes taken 12 months+ to deliver an SDK.

>HyperlogiK< said:
Not so great news, Koen one of the top CnC mod community seems to think that this game is virtually unmoddable until an SDK comes out.

http://www.deezire.net/index.php

EA have said that they 'are absolutely committed to creating a new MOD SDK for Command & Conquer 3 and getting that in your hands in as efficient timeline as possible with our resources.'

However that sounds like corporate weasel speak and in the past they have sometimes taken 12 months+ to deliver an SDK.

The C&C series has always had a strong following for mods. I doubt EA will take a while to come out with an SDK for this game since that will help sell this game down the road.

J-Sap said:
The C&C series has always had a strong following for mods. I doubt EA will take a while to come out with an SDK for this game since that will help sell this game down the road.

Unless they plan on making mods and selling them as booster packs.

I just started to download the demo before coming to work. By the time i get around to playing it there sould be some sound player reviews.

I never really followed CnC Generals, but I heard a couple of people claim that the Generals SDK took almost a year to come out.

I bought this game as it is the only game recently released that can run on my laptops low specs: 32 mb Radeon 9600, 1.6ghz P4m, 1 gig ram, etc.

The HD Movie's are extremely cheesy and deter me from the story line. However, I really enjoy the gameplay. From not playing another C&C game ever, consequently I am horrible at this fast paced RTS game; and here I thought War3 was very fast gameplay - now it is no question that CNC is much faster. That said, I have much practice in head of me to even be average at C&C, but I'll get used to it in time.

Also, is anyone else having the problem with Connecting to C&C online play? I cannot connect to the multiplayer online server. Perhaps it is because Temple University decided to not allow these sort of accesses.

IAmMoen said:
I wonder how many universities could get away with this. The IT department here would be up in arms!

Our university blocked the ports required for most online games for everybody but IT support, if you go to one of the IT support buildings they seem to be playing CS:S and Quake 3 all of the time.

For people who have the game, can you make slow down game speed without the whole interface feeling really slow.

I'm getting this game when i get home from work. Have they added the feature to shrink the UI yet?

besides the mod or the online play..
how is the game play?? same complaints as with the demo? and is it really worth getting, b/c i did hear some bad things about it.......

Ive been playing through the gdi campaign and i havent noticed any changes from the demo

I just got my computer up and running yesterday and played the demo.

WOW :eek:

One of the best RTS's I have played so far. Can't wait to pick up full version.

I've played through the GDI campaign so far and its AWESOME! It runs pretty well and looks pretty. Some of the missions are actually quite hard even on normal and there are lots of different ways to beat em. Thank god for giving up on 'build base, destroy enemy' missions. Although there are a couple and of which they fit in properly.

All the cutscenes are topnotch as well. As can be expected from a C&C Game.

Yeah im stuck on the GDI missions where you've gotta transport your units of the tiberium chasm.

I love this game! :D started an 8v8 skirmish, takes 10 seconds or less to load.... i love it.

I really enjoy this game as well. I've never played another C&C so I never had any expectations..

The only problem I occur is that during skirmish's of more than 2v2 my framerate chops and the game goes slower. Could this because of my lack of a good GPU (Radeon 9600 mobile 32mb...)?

Back