• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatability question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozumel

I am currently using an EK Supremacy EVO CPU block on an LGA1150 board. I want to buy a Z490 LGA1200 board and compatible CPU. Would I be correct in thinking that I can recycle the CPU block? I am only asking as believe the CPU cooler mounting holes for both types of board are identical. Is my assumption correct?

The spacing between the cooler mounting holes is the same, although there's a slight difference in the ILM dimensions.
2020-04-23-image-14.jpg

But according to some cooling manufactures most of the lga 115x coolers should be compatible without the need for any additional brackets or so.

So i believe you're good.

Last edited:
I am currently using an EK Supremacy EVO CPU block on an LGA1150 board. I want to buy a Z490 LGA1200 board and compatible CPU. Would I be correct in thinking that I can recycle the CPU block? I am only asking as believe the CPU cooler mounting holes for both types of board are identical. Is my assumption correct?
Yes.

It WILL work. LGA1200 holes are the same as LGA115x. No relevant parameters change. :)

ILM = independent loading mechanism

Its the metal part that holds the cpu in the socket.

For more spec read here.

Last edited:
lol...ILM..I've been calling it the CRM (abbreviation for CPU Retention Mechanism) :D It is good to know there is a proper definition for it. :)

Back