• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer crashes from new AMD fx 8120 cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If his ram was faulty, wouldn't it act up with his other cpu in?

Different processor series and different memory controllers. It could possibly be the ram doesn't want to play nice with the 8120 memory controller but will do fine with his older processor. Or his 8120 has a bad (or weak) memory controller, causing all the problems too.

ZaroSath, try running Memtest86+ with the older processor installed first. If the ram passes testing with that processor, then install the 8120 and run the test again and see if you get memory errors. Try that and post back the results. The great thing about Memtest86+ is that you don't have to have an OS installed for it to run, since the disc you make is a live CD and the test runs off of it.

return your fx if posssible

If you can send it back ,the fx is a defective product.
Wait for fx2.When they fix the complex power staging issue.
I even heard they are going back to the drawing board on this dog.
Amd forever....

If you can send it back ,the fx is a defective product.
Wait for fx2.When they fix the complex power staging issue.
I even heard they are going back to the drawing board on this dog.
Amd forever....

how do you know its defective? a google search doesnt show many problems relating to that.

anyway i ended up fixing the problem.. i went through various bios cpu settings such as power and clock speed and found one that works.. albeit not as stable as it should be with the occasional blue screen if i leave it on for days at a time but it works.

you heard it here first

Politely...
As time goes on you will learn that a chip that stops working every once and a while- is not a good product.
My 8150 just all of a sudden goes black ,junk.
max pc says "Amd might get out of x86 altogether" What?
the secret is out ,the hot fix pulled ,transistor counts changed.
It breaks my heart.

Back