• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conroe Bios Roundup - Dealing with Sites

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
doh boy said:
yea after work im gonna try using some reducing dividers on it, if i can figure it out in the abit bios. this strap thing is confusing me since i never had to mess with anything like this before. could anyone by chance point me somewhere that can teach me about what exactly straps do?

To be perfectly honest you should be ok with your 805D & underclocked ram unitll Abit can fix the bio's. Just check for updated bios often :thup:

that latest abit bios, sadly, is *still* not fully functional. darn bios wont set cas latency to 5 and keeps it at 3 i cant take my corsair pc6400 much higher than 300mhz with that timing
That is an exact same problem the DQ6 has. IIRC, it only happens on the 1:1 ratio on the DQ6, but I could be wrong. These companies had better be working 24/7 on BIOSes for these boards now that they are released because they are clearly not fully cooked ;)

RangerXLT8 said:
That is what I was about to say.

Don't know why you guys can't see what sicloan and myself see. I get the exact page that sicloan shows a pic of.

Edit.. I think I figured it out. You guys are in a different part of the downloads section, it looks like. You'll notice that sicloan is under the "Map" tab, whereas Stilletto is under the "BIOS" tab. Must make a difference.

doh boy said:
that latest abit bios, sadly, is *still* not fully functional. darn bios wont set cas latency to 5 and keeps it at 3 :mad: i cant take my corsair pc6400 much higher than 300mhz with that timing! :bang head

I'm telling you I was an Abit JUNKIE til they screwed me over ROYALLY. I don't even remember what it was they did... I think they swore that this KT board I had would be compatible with the next generation of chips (which I believe were the XPs... but it turns it it wasn't. Not even CLOSE. And I was stucker than stuck because it took be so long to save up for that upgrade... I don't think I can trust them again.

For the most part Asus has been good to me. But I no longer have any brand or chipset loyalty

rainless said:
I'm telling you I was an Abit JUNKIE til they screwed me over ROYALLY. I don't even remember what it was they did... I think they swore that this KT board I had would be compatible with the next generation of chips (which I believe were the XPs... but it turns it it wasn't. Not even CLOSE. And I was stucker than stuck because it took be so long to save up for that upgrade... I don't think I can trust them again.

For the most part Asus has been good to me. But I no longer have any brand or chipset loyalty
that is prolly what the people at abit thought. you forget though that amd likes to change sockets every year... really cant blame abit that much for it. Abit is coming back after the merger. I want to know how they managed to screw something up that was working perfectly fine before the merger.

That is an exact same problem the DQ6 has. IIRC, it only happens on the 1:1 ratio on the DQ6, but I could be wrong. These companies had better be working 24/7 on BIOSes for these boards now that they are released because they are clearly not fully cooked

whoa...so i changed the strap from fsb533 to fsb800 and retried the the 1:2 divider......

...and it worked! im happily chugging along at 3.34ghz with the *correct* timings of 5-5-5-12 :bday: too bad im too scared to take it much further, its dual priming at 62C.

doh boy said:
whoa...so i changed the strap from fsb533 to fsb800 and retried the the 1:2 divider......

...and it worked! im happily chugging along at 3.34ghz with the *correct* timings of 5-5-5-12 :bday: too bad im too scared to take it much further, its dual priming at 62C.
WOW 62c!!! thats hot!!:eek: :eek:

Back