• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering The Following Components in my Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Which Cache Mode will immediately write data so in the event of BSOD there will be no data integrity issues? The descriptions are not too good. From when I was employed I believe we set to write-through.
My reason for asking is that it takes about 24 hours to run a verify.

My available options are "Write Back", Write Through, Read Only & Off.

Every options says "but cached data may be lost under atypical conditions.....

Can I disable (yes take a performance hit) cache on Raid 1?

For the default it is set to "Read Only"

I getting to the point where I am disconnecting the Raid when I run any new software.....

Back in the old days....the raid cards had batteries and if there was a hard shut down (don't ask), there was no reason for verify since the battery held the data in cache and would write when the system was up.

I dont touch that malwar.... oops, software. Sorry. On my asus board I control the lighting through through the bios.
I did like how the Maulwr did control the lights to tell you how the CPU temp changed.

I have resolved the 2 file pop up issue but somehow somewhere through the uninstall/re-installs I have lost control of the lights!

The only help/answer I've gotten from Asus is that the software should ONLY be run by someone with Admin rights....

The Software does not detect either of my 2 LED light strips. I have checked the wiring and even moved the Addressable Gen 2 headers (addressable RGB WS2812B LED strips)(3 Pin connector not 4 pin and is missing one pin so it cannot be connected incorrectly) to another connector and still the lights work but are not detected by the Aura control.

It's been a while since I've done some registry hunting for a rogue entry but their Uninstall app really does suck and leaves all kinds of crap behind.

I've never really used a registry cleaner but at this point does anyone have a suggestion on a good registry cleaner? At this point I'm about to reinstall Windows but I'm going to try scouring through the registry first.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why Armoury Crate (Aura part) is not seeing the LED strips?

Thanks!
Post magically merged:

Interesting. I didn't know that was possible (other than maybe just turning it off). I don't recall seeing any BIOS settings for my Aorus X570 onboard RGB.
It's there but it doesn't have the options that the software gives you

Last edited:
I thought somewhere is this thread I linked the Asus uninstall tool... have you tried that?

EDIT: FTR, I try to stay away from registry cleaners... but I've also used CCleaner when I did. It's just so much faster and easier to wipe and reinstall my OS (literally 30 mins to install and put several programs back on it), I don't troubleshoot much, lol.

Last edited:
I thought somewhere is this thread I linked the Asus uninstall tool... have you tried that?

EDIT: FTR, I try to stay away from registry cleaners... but I've also used CCleaner when I did. It's just so much faster and easier to wipe and reinstall my OS (literally 30 mins to install and put several programs back on it), I don't troubleshoot much, lol.
Looks like reinstall is going to be the best bet....in the time I've spent trying to respond to Asus and USING the uninstaller and reinstalling, I could have reinstalled windows 5 times at least....

Looking at the Asus forum....many other having the same problems INCLUDING the 2 files that pop up when a user logs in that if accepting their installation causes BSOD.....seems that before AC could be run by a user and NOW they have reconfigured it so only admin accts can use it....

I hate not being able to fix something.....I would get part of AC to work and break another.
Their installation/un-install is terrible (leaves all kinds of stuff behind).

So I finally bit the bullet and rebuilt....reinstalled W11P and AC and everything was working! Got all of my apps installed and AC stilll working. Even no problems when logging in as a user.....no 2 Asus file pop ups.

So the next day......after many reboots the day before, I log in as admin and open AC only to see "There"s a new version" let us ruin your day today! YUP ignore......

Logout and log in as user......there are those 2 dam files trying to run ArmourySwAgent & ArmourySocketServer......I just ignore and keep going but other than that (which Asus still has not helped at all) I'm happy with my PC.

So I finally got rid of one old PC, fired it up.....good old XP with four Cosair Extreme sticks (512 each!!!!!)......kept it around to run as a 2000 server.....also got rid of an old Win8 that was running 2008 Server so I could use as a virtual server.....but they are all gone....Wifey even got a smile!

Thanks for everyone's help and I'm sure I'll be back for help!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and were not involved in IAN......we got over 5 inches of rain which flooded the city and canceled the first day of the Seafood Festival but it will be on today so the tourist can have fun.....I'm staying away and going to see what has washed up on the beach.....maybe I'll find more coconuts!

OK back again with this question:

Armoury Crate Issues - Pop Up Permissions Boxes When Logging in As a "User"

Hello, after much work and windows re-installs I have Aurmory Crate installed and working but I have several issues and I’m hoping someone can help me solve these annoyances which can result in a BSOD.

Armoury Crate runs fine when I log in with Admin rights. Due to the crashes which have caused me to have to wait days for my Raid to rebuild I have Never tried to run Aurmory Crate with right click run as admin.

The issues appear when my user account logs in. When I thought things were OK in the beginning until one day the user account was prompted to run ArmourySwAgent & ArmourySocketServer which I clicked OK on both. That resulted into a spinning circle which would also blink back to a mouse pointer over and over until BSOD. To be clear with the user account and I’m just logging in and Armoury Crate I’M NOT TRYING TO RUN ARMOURY CRATE…it’s not even on the desktop.

Uninstalls of Aurmory Crate never quite worked well and left parts of Aurmory Crate not working until I did another re-install of Windows.

Also every time a “user” logs out they get a notification:

AcPowerNotification.exe – Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xe043352) occurred in the application at location 0x00000000768C0592.

Ever thing work fine when logged in as Admin no pop ups no errors

Thanks to anyone for help/suggestions

I know this isn't the answer, but armory crate is a pita and because so, I dont use it. You're seeing the reasons why, lol. Along thise lines. Asus has specific tools to uninstall their apps (i swear i saod that earleir??)...try that next time before you reinstall windows.

If you google this (0xe043352), it says .net framwework...try repairing that.

If you're raid array tales days to rebuild, sounds like you need another solution, Yikes.

I know this isn't the answer, but armory crate is a pita and because so, I dont use it. You're seeing the reasons why, lol. Along thise lines. Asus has specific tools to uninstall their apps (i swear i saod that earleir??)...try that next time before you reinstall windows.

If you google this (0xe043352), it says .net framwework...try repairing that.

If you're raid array tales days to rebuild, sounds like you need another solution, Yikes.
With my old Gigabyte (Gigabyte MB GA-Z77X-UD5H, Intel Core i7-2600K 16GB Ram) it took about the same time to rebuild the raid 1 after a crash.

The raid 1 is 12TB so I guess that may be the issue? I can't recall there ever being a problem other than it taking so long to verify the data.

I've given up on the Armory Crate (when logging in as a user I just click no to the pop ups and everything is fine. Armory Crate does work under admin rights and I have followed their instructions and used their uninstall app.

When a new version comes out and I have time, I will try it out. I now disconect the raid just in case of a BSOD to avoid the rebuild/verify.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding!

Back