• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering The Following Components in my Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Occasionally upon boot, I get the -.. (long beep and 2 short beeps....memory) not even every day...

I have XMP enabled but it also would do this prior to enabling XPM. I have pulled the Ram and reseated it....have not touched any voltages....

Suggestions?

Is it booting when you're hearing this? If so, unplug speaker. lol
Dam.....can't believe I didn't think of that!!!

Genius!!!

Well.....never mind :oops:.....it's actually 1 Long & 3 Short >No VGA detected.....still using onboard video

Guess I should have had my hearing aids in:rolleyes:

Maybe Santa can bring me a good video card.....need more testing.....may not need it!

I'm just happy it's not anything else.....but I will make sure I pay more attention to the beeps:ROFLMAO:

:cool:

Anyone change W11 to look like the classic view in explorer?

I've seen several registry changes and wondering if there was a consensus on if there is any difference or drawbacks from one or the other....

Thanks!

OK question time.....

When I enable VMD for Raid, SHOULD VMD also be enabled for my NVMe?

Of course when I enabled it.....I lost my Boot Info......I knew that was going to happen but now that I have it enabled and the Raid instructions tells me NOT to enable "Map PCIE Storage under VMD" I'm going to lose it again and have to reinstall.....

Suggestions please

I don't deal with RAID much, but, isn't VMD an NVMe RAID thing? Aren't your RAIDed drives attached to the SATA ports?

I don't deal with RAID much, but, isn't VMD an NVMe RAID thing? Aren't your RAIDed drives attached to the SATA ports?
Yes....behind/lacking knowledge...

YES....Raid will be SATA but I havent't quite leaned enough to see if it's a benefit to PCIE......seems resourse intensive so that would not be a good thing but I'm still learning what I have missed ....

I knew I had to turn on VMD for Raid...but I had not installed the drives installed other than the NVMe....so it got enabled (waiting for new ones to build new then transfer data)....

I think I'm seeing the errors of my waze!....I'll wait for your reply for confirmation and I think I know what your restponse will be!

Good talk!....Thanks

YES....Raid will be SATA but I havent't quite leaned enough to see if it's a benefit to PCIE......seems resourse intensive so that would not be a good thing but I'm still learning what I have missed ....
Not sure what you're saying here... are you saying that RAIDing NVMe drives is resource intensive and not worth it? I agree it's not worth it (for speed, unless you're frequently dealing with large files, of course), but it's not resource intensive... if that's what you meant.

Yard care day.....& new neighborhood ***. board causing issues....

No, what I was trying to say it makes sense to have VMD on Raid but I had also enabled it for the NVMe (didn't see where there was an otion on what drives it would apply it to). I'm Woriking on the box when I get a chance and not done complely reading so for that reason I'm makeing mistakes (learning by hard knocks).

So now that I know I can disable it on NVMe.....that makes more sense....because it could slow that drive down.

Now it's too early.....time to install W11P again :LOL:

OK.....got an old question....

Running Raid 1 on HDDs and write-cache buffer flushing is enabled. I've had a BSOD and of course it took about 20 hours to syn the drives. I know this is enabled for speed but I would rather give up speed than to have this re-syncing after a problem. It seems this is the only option no write-thru etc.....

Suggestions please!​

Hope everyone is doing well!

Disable it? You run RAID1 for redundancy, not for speed anyway. RAID0 has striping and is for speed. Aren't you only reading files off it anyway so performance shouldn't really be a concern?

Disable it? You run RAID1 for redundancy, not for speed anyway. RAID0 has striping and is for speed. Aren't you only reading files off it anyway so performance shouldn't really be a concern?
So are you saying disable write-cache buffer flushing? Will that instruct all changes to be commited to both drives immediately?

Armoury Crate Problems now which is why I'm asking about the cache on Raid....

The other morning upon boot I was asked to allow ArmourySwAgent & ArmourySocketServer after allowing I got a spinning circle with the mouse cursor blinking on and off....then BSOD.

I called Asus and they told me to use the uninstall app for Armoury Crate (which seems to do a poor job) and reinstall Armoury Crate. Now the installation fails and their FAQ isn't helping......

Any suggestions? I can't even do anyting with my led stips....

The Raid 1 is used for my personal data (pictures, videos, payments etc).

What I want is for when data is written it is immediately committed to both drives not sitting in cache which seems to cause the drives to become out of sysc and the drives having to run a verify after a BSOD.

When logging in as a "user" NOT "admin" is when I got the request to update ArmourySwAgent & ArmourySocketServer which resulted in the spinning circle with the mouse arrow pointer to intermittently flash until the pc BSOD happened....afterwards the Armoury Crate stopped opening. Asus could not help and I'm still trying to get an answer as to why/how to stop this request for the update of those files. I eventually just did a fresh install of everything.

I'm getting to the point where I am disconnecting the Raid when ever there is an update to avoid the 24 hours it takes for the drives to verify.....

Any suggestion on how to disable these two files from trying to update and the raid issue?

When logging in as a "user" NOT "admin" is when I got the request to update ArmourySwAgent & ArmourySocketServer which is part of ASUS Armoury Crate. Any clue as to how to stop these from prompting me to let them run? These two files do not ask to be run when logging in as the admin......

BTW...ASUS Armoury Crate is installed and working under my admin account but not as a user (I've seen mention that it's only available to an admin or ONE user).

Has anyone installed ASUS Armoury Crate as a user so that it's available for the user and the administrator account?

Thanks!

You didn't see a lot of that on X570 IIRC. My Asus has access to an armoury crate in the bios... I forgot exactly what's behind there. lol... I could be wrong.

Here's one from an ASRock board.

biosimage026.jpg

Not all have it, that's for sure.

How can it be Malware? It's safe.....it's made in Chinr....

I just like it for convient updates if/when needed.

I have captured traffic and I haven't seen anything Malicious .....guess I'll make another rule to block until needed.....

Back