• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering The Following Components in my Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I want to say the back of the MB was clear where the screws went through but I now am wondering......Crap
Post magically merged:

A while ago I lent my neighbor my speaker and he has it and isn't using it.....should I go get it? Any Help?
Post magically merged:

NVMe is correct.

Well, if you're able to use the power button, it's on correct, lol. The others, not sure. unplug them and see if it helps (doubtful) I never know those unless they work, lol.

Which way is that fan blowing on the heatsink..hopefully UP towards the top of the chassis. I thought that would be mounted so it blows towards the rear along with a rear fan to help remove the heat and the front fans feeding it. When you put a graphics card in, that will suck the heat right off of it.....

....so yeah, a full mobo and case shot would be great...

EDIT: Did that case come with motherboard standoffs installed or did you have to install them? You used motherboard standoffs, righT?
The Fan from the HS IS Blowing Down NOT up to the outside top opening of case (easy to change....but you are right....guess it should be the other way)

Last edited:
I want to say the back of the MB was clear where the screws went through but I now am wondering......Crap
Look and see. The standoffs are under the edge screws too... you should be able to see it.

The speaker couldn't hurt at this point... but wont tell you if you didn't mount the motherboard properly, lol. :)

Look and see. The standoffs are under the edge screws too... you should be able to see it.

The speaker couldn't hurt at this point... but wont tell you if you didn't mount the motherboard properly, lol. :)
The case ONLY came with 9 MB Screws (Only 6 for this MB the 3 other posts are not under the MB) No Stand offs....

the Asus site shows this board

The Q-LED Core display produces light patterns by power LED during the Power-On Self-Test (POST) that can help users troubleshoot potential issues.​

Looks like the lights come from the RGB???

The case has a cable:

Addressable Gen 2 headers
The Addressable Gen 2 headers allow you to connect individually addressable RGB
WS2812B LED strips or WS2812B based LED strips.

that is connected to the ADD_GEN 2_1 connector

I have never seen any light from this case.....

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid-tower(PH-EC400ATG_DBK01), Mesh Front Panel, Tempered Glass, Digital-RGB, Black

Last edited:
It's highly unlikely that the fault codes will go through the ARGB (but who knows at this point?) This is one of the reasons I generally don't go cheap on motherboards, manufacturers cut costs anywhere they can to make the most cost-effective board. Note: This is not a mark against your board, just that it doesn't have the bells and whistles of more expensive boards, which should be expected really.

This is a close-up of my ASUS Tuf X570 Plus WIFI. There are LEDs that will indicate if something is not right with the CPU, VGA, RAM, etc... Look for something like this on your board. I didn't see it looking at your board online, but I wasn't looking very hard, to be honest.

Capture.JPG

It looks like they are preinstalled or already on raised points... tough to tell from the website images. But looking at the manual, it only comes with one standoff, so you're probably set.

You could try to breadboard it. Literally, disconnect it and take it out of the case set it on top of your motherboard box. Reconnect power and see if it will boot. That will tell you if there is a short. But yeah, the speaker may tell you something worthwhile at this point if a good once over/reseating everything doesn't do it.

the Asus site shows this board

The Q-LED Core display produces light patterns by power LED during the Power-On Self-Test (POST) that can help users troubleshoot potential issues.​

Looks like the lights come from the RGB???

The case has a cable:

Addressable Gen 2 headers
The Addressable Gen 2 headers allow you to connect individually addressable RGB
WS2812B LED strips or WS2812B based LED strips.

that is connected to the ADD_GEN 2_1 connector
That's what Q-LED is but that's not in YOUR manual nor on YOUR board. I brought up your manual and searched and looked at the board again and still don't see them. Those lights DO NOT come from the RGBs, they have their own as Blaylock's picture shows above.

It's highly unlikely that the fault codes will go through the ARGB (but who knows at this point?) This is one of the reasons I generally don't go cheap on motherboards, manufacturers cut costs anywhere they can to make the most cost-effective board. Note: This is not a mark against your board, just that it doesn't have the bells and whistles of more expensive boards, which should be expected really.

This is a close-up of my ASUS Tuf X570 Plus WIFI. There are LEDs that will indicate if something is not right with the CPU, VGA, RAM, etc... Look for something like this on your board. I didn't see it looking at your board online, but I wasn't looking very hard, to be honest.

View attachment 358956
I've been looking and supposedily it has Q-LED indicators.....I can't find them!

I've been looking and supposedily it has Q-LED indicators.....I can't find them!

That's what Q-LED is but that's not in YOUR manual nor on YOUR board. I brought up your manual and searched and looked at the board again and still don't see them. Those lights DO NOT come from the RGBs, they have their own as Blaylock's picture shows above.
Unless I borked (quite possible!)... it's not in your manual or on the board.

So pissed I thought it had something like this....here is from Asus
1661534699762.png

I'll be back in a few going to get speaker
Post magically merged:

Asus Support's not too good.....o_O
They wanted me to reset CMOS then remove battery.......

They also said that it does not have what is in the Pix and no LEDs!!!!

Last edited:
OK. I've downloaded your Manual from the ASUS website and reviewed it for you. You do NOT have Q-LEDs. This is from your manual.

Capture.JPG

EDIT: Looking at your post and reading the manual a little closer it appears it uses the Power LED at the front (or Top) of your chassis to indicate the beep codes.

Oh geez... lol, I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT EXISTED!

EDIT: Looking at your post and reading the manual a little closer it appears it uses the Power LED at the front (or Top) of your chassis to indicate the beep codes.
THIS!

EDIT:
They wanted me to reset CMOS then remove battery.......
Troubleshooting 101, yes.

They also said that it does not have what is in the Pix and no LEDs!!!!
Yikes.

Last edited:
OK. I've downloaded your Manual from the ASUS website and reviewed it for you. You do NOT have Q-LEDs. This is from your manual.

View attachment 358958

I saw that that's why I wanted the speaker (no beeps!)

I still haven't found any "system LED lights up" or system power LED on the system front panel case lights
up ( are they talking about the case???)

After no beeps....I'm taking her apart.....seems like some kind of power issue.....nothing to remove but NVMe or CPU and check the back of the MB

Thanks again!

After no beeps....I'm taking her apart.....seems like some kind of power issue.....nothing to remove but NVMe or CPU and check the back of the MB
Like I said, breadboard it. Take it out of the case as that can be a problem.

Power, CPU, heatsink, RAM, on top of the mobo box and power it on. See what happens.

( are they talking about the case???)
Yes. The Power LED on your case...if your board has that feature it should blink fast/slow/slower or be solid.

Oh geez... lol, I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT EXISTED!

THIS!

EDIT:

Troubleshooting 101, yes.

Yikes.
I had shorted the reset and then when that didn't work, I did remove battery.

And I still haven't seen any LEDs on the MB.....used strong LED flashlight with magnifying glass!!
Post magically merged:

Like I said, breadboard it. Take it out of the case as that can be a problem.

Power, CPU, heatsink, RAM, on top of the mobo box and power it on. See what happens.

Yes. The Power LED on your case...if your board has that feature it should blink fast/slow/slower or be solid.
Funny....that's the way I used to build my old PCs....test then put in case but power switch cables were a pain....so I installed everything......

Will be back

THANKS ALL!

Alrighty then.....Long Beep 2 Short.....forgot my morse code but that says RAM
Post magically merged:

Dude, we know. It's on the case. We said that. Stop looking. Get caught up... we'll wait. :) :rofl:

Screwdriver and short the pins.............
yes
Post magically merged:

You didn't leave to jumper on the Clear CMOS header, did you? Also, did you put the battery back in the board?
(I know the answers are 'yes', but sometimes we forget simple things.)

View attachment 358967
no
Post magically merged:

Sommmbytch.....I stick not seated all the way but it sure looked like the clip had closed on it.....

will be bacc

We got AMI :ROFLMAO:

Everything back in case.....some more connections to make but she boots and once I get into the Bios....I'll be back!!

Thanks to all!!!!!:beer:
(y)

Looks like a bomb when off in here.....but as my wife would say.....it's my computer room :LOL:

Thanks again!!!!

Anyone have a clue on how to get the RGB on the Phanteks Eclipse to work.....and or where to connect it on the Z690? The Phanteks cable labeled M/D-D RGB (4 pin connector with 1 pin blocked) is currently connected to the ADD_GEN 2_1 on the MB (it is a 4 pin with one pin blocked like the connector from the case).....

BTW....I found the diagnostics LED.....it's the very very small power light on the top (which is confusing because it's also displaying HDD activity). When I read this I turned on the computer for the first time and got the beep (thanks to adding the piezo speaker) and I saw the same blinking error on the power light. Pushed on the RAM again and it booted fine.

I guess if it happens again I'll pull them out and re-seat them...

Also just to confirm, in the bios I can't change from C° to F°.....correct?

Back