• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering The Following Components in my Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guess I'm going to have to find a speaker....boots up, heatsink fan and front fans work and heatsink below RAM (north or south bridge if there is such a thing) is warm
Huh? Why? That would be a normal thing?? My guy........you turn your PC on it uses power and parts get warm. Everything with a heatsink.........should/can get warm. :)

Huh? Why? That would be a normal thing?? My guy........you turn your PC on it uses power and parts get warm. Everything with a heatsink.........should/can get warm. :)
Not much of a computer if there is no video o_O
Post magically merged:

I'm using HDMI and the RAM is seated......makes me feel so dumb.....don't know where to start....

That's a completely different thing.......

..........What kind of connector? Are you trying your discrete video card or using integrated? If using discrete, are you plugged into the video card? If you want to use the integrated, are you plugged into motherboard port? Does the monitor light change color at all?

Please be forthcoming with information/details... :)

EDIT:
and the RAM is seated
in the right slots? Confirmed by the manual?

Post magically merged:

I'm using HDMI and the RAM is seated......makes me feel so dumb.....don't know where to start....

That's a completely different thing.......

..........What kind of connector? Are you trying your discrete video card or using integrated? If using discrete, are you plugged into the video card? If you want to use the integrated, are you plugged into motherboard port? Does the monitor light change color at all?

Please be forthcoming with information/details... :)

EDIT:

in the right slots? Confirmed by the manual?
Integrated......tried to enter bios.....using USB keyboard......nothing ARG

If you see something on the screen, then just spam F2 after the PC restart. You have ~2-3 seconds for that.

...........and just to confirm, you're using the HDMI port on the motherboard, not the video card (is one installed?), correct?

What about the other question.......... does the monitor light change at all?
no change on power up on monitor.....yes onboard video

Last edited:
The manual shows Memory configurations: If only one stick in Dimm_A2 if 2 as in my case Dimm_A2 & Dimm_B2.

Onboard HDMI

F2 or Delete repeatedly after power...still nada
Post magically merged:

The RAM should probably be in slots A2 & B2. Is that where they are installed? In the past we always used A1 & B1.
Yes....2 grey slots

"In the past we always used A1 & B1" yes I found that odd when following the manual and I installed per manual

Take a picture of your PC including connections and such....

maybe a video if you can figure that out...
Could it have anything to the RGB Header?

12. AURA RGB headers 1-1

I had it connected to the top one...RGB Header 1 the above is the second

give me a minute for pix
Post magically merged:

Let me know if you need a certain location picture

Attachments

• 20220826_110123 Smaller.jpg
    20220826_110123 Smaller.jpg
    749.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220826_110413 Smaller.jpg
    20220826_110413 Smaller.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220826_110515  Smaller.jpg
    20220826_110515 Smaller.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Let me know if you need a certain location picture
Take a picture of your PC including connections and such....

maybe a video if you can figure that out...
Video....what is the max size if you don't mind while I figure out how to do low res

Could it have anything to the RGB Header?
I'm not sure what you're asking here... those are for RGB LEDs strips you add for color and to show off to your PC...

...not sure about video, most upload those and link them if they aren't on YTube.

EDIT: Do you have something connected to those RGB headers? What?

I'm not sure what you're asking here... those are for RGB LEDs strips you add for color and to show off to your PC...
Yes.....virgin with RGB on a case....didn't know if it could have something wierd to do with it. The connector has on pin blocked but the MB has 4 pins....that's why I was asking...?.....

Yes.....virgin with RGB on a case....didn't know if it could have something wierd to do with it. The connector has on pin blocked but the MB has 4 pins....that's why I was asking...?.....
What has RGBs that you are trying to connect to the RGB header?
What does the female part of the plug look like? 3 holes or 4? If three, plug it into the 3 (ARGB), if 4 holes, plug it into the RGB header.

Make sure it's not a fan header you're tying to plug in there....

What has RGBs that you are trying to connect to the RGB header?
What does the female part of the plug look like? 3 holes or 4? If three, plug it into the 3 (ARGB), if 4 holes, plug it into the RGB header.

Make sure it's not a fan header you're tying to plug in there....
The MB has the RGB Header (2) and the cable from the case has a cable M/B D-RGB 3 Pin.....that seemed odd that's why I'm asking (not on fan connector)

Ok, just making sure we aren't square pegging the round holes. :)

So yes, 3-pin RGB goes into 3-pin RGB on the mobo, correct.

I'd like to see images of the power plugs on the mobo...the one by the CPU...

A whole shot of the mobo would be awesome...

EDIT: Which was is that fan blowing on the heatsink..hopefully UP towards the top of the chassis. I thought that would be mounted so it blows towards the rear along with a rear fan to help remove the heat... so yeah, a full mobo and case shot would be great....

Power supply has the 4 pin and 8 pin connected
3 fans connected
1 Fan for NH-D15
I NVMe installed in M.2_1 (Socket 3) ......Right below CPU.....is this correct?
Front Panel Audio connected
PWRSW, HDD_LED & Reset connected (the dotted line indicates + Correct?)

Power supply has the 4 pin and 8 pin connected
3 fans connected
1 Fan for NH-D15
I NVMe installed in M.2_1 (Socket 3) ......Right below CPU.....is this correct?
Front Panel Audio connected
PWRSW, HDD_LED & Reset connected (the dotted line indicates + Correct?)
NVMe is correct.

Well, if you're able to use the power button, it's on correct, lol. The others, not sure. unplug them and see if it helps (doubtful) I never know those unless they work, lol.

Which way is that fan blowing on the heatsink..hopefully UP towards the top of the chassis. I thought that would be mounted so it blows towards the rear along with a rear fan to help remove the heat and the front fans feeding it. When you put a graphics card in, that will suck the heat right off of it.....

....so yeah, a full mobo and case shot would be great...

EDIT: Did that case come with motherboard standoffs installed or did you have to install them? You used motherboard standoffs, righT?

Ok, just making sure we aren't square pegging the round holes. :)

So yes, 3-pin RGB goes into 3-pin RGB on the mobo, correct.

I'd like to see images of the power plugs on the mobo...the one by the CPU...

A whole shot of the mobo would be awesome...

EDIT: Which was is that fan blowing on the heatsink..hopefully UP towards the top of the chassis. I thought that would be mounted so it blows towards the rear along with a rear fan to help remove the heat... so yeah, a full mobo and case shot would be great....
Hard to get some pix while in case....hope these work
Post magically merged:

NVMe is correct.

Well, if you're able to use the power button, it's on correct, lol. The others, not sure. unplug them and see if it helps (doubtful) I never know those unless they work, lol.

Which way is that fan blowing on the heatsink..hopefully UP towards the top of the chassis. I thought that would be mounted so it blows towards the rear along with a rear fan to help remove the heat and the front fans feeding it. When you put a graphics card in, that will suck the heat right off of it.....

....so yeah, a full mobo and case shot would be great...

EDIT: Did that case come with motherboard standoffs installed or did you have to install them? You used motherboard standoffs, righT?
That's a sucky question "EDIT: Did that case come with motherboard standoffs installed or did you have to install them? You used motherboard standoffs, righT?"

Edit: Sucky response was that it worries me!

I'm not sure at this point.....I know I used them on the HS but I don't think I used them on the MB....The manual does not say anything about them and if I did I don't think the rear ports would line up?

Attachments

• 20220826_114327 - Smaller.jpg
    20220826_114327 - Smaller.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220826_114510 - Smaller.jpg
    20220826_114510 - Smaller.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back