• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling Phanteks Enthoo Evolv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys do you know which setup is optimal and quite for cooling a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv? Having 2x 140mm fans on the front and 2x 140mm on the top or having 3x 120mm on the front and 2x 140mm on the top? Thanks!

Doesn't really matter so long as you have cool air coming in and hot air exhausting out. For less noise I would go with all 140mm fans. The 3x 120's would make a tad more noise imho.

Doesn't really matter so long as you have cool air coming in and hot air exhausting out. For less noise I would go with all 140mm fans. The 3x 120's would make a tad more noise imho.

I see, so you still will move just as much air having dual 140mm than 3x 120mm? I want it to be quiet as much as I can while still pushing a enough air into the case being that is a Evolv case static pressure is importan. I could get two Corsair ML 140mm fans to put on the front and then move the one on the front to the top. People sometimes recommend to put a 80mm fan un the bottom of the 140mm on the front with an avg rpm of 800 to cool down the drives while keeping the sound down.

I have yet to see an 80mm fan that doesn't produce a racket while still being able to push a decent amount of air. Yeah stick with the 140's. So long as they're all the same, you'll have positive pressure.

I've got 8x Bitfenix 120's on my top rad for push/pull and the rest of my case fans are the 140's the primo came with. I got the 120's on the fanhub on medium settings to keep the noise level down. A total of 14 fans and all I hear is a slight "whoosh" ;)

Wow that is nice. What do you think about the Corsair ML140 Pro fans for the front of the case?

Wow that is nice. What do you think about the Corsair ML140 Pro fans for the front of the case?

Not too shabby. They're pricey tho, so 4 of them will run you $120 total. See if you can find the Scythe Gentle Typhoons on ebay. They've been discontinued so most likely your best bet would be ebay. They push a great deal of air while keeping noise levels down. Might find them cheaper than the Corsairs.

Crap, you're right, 120's. My bad :bang head The Corsairs are a good choice if you got the funds and if you want to keep positive case pressure.

is okay I did find at home 1x GT 2150 PWM Fan, maybe grab two ML120 Pro and use those for now or still grab 2x 140 ML Pro. The 120mm they selling for $19.99 so 40 for both if I use my GT fan.

- - - Updated - - -

those GT are my favorite looking fans, I wish they made them in a 140mm size. LOL!

Back