• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok so there is no ASUS Crosshair V Formula Liquid Cooling Block but there is a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula full board Liquid Cooling Block, can any one tell me if it is compatable????

this well never do. I have redesigned the system from the motherboard up so I should have a better time. I was going to do water cooling but in terms of cost it would be much easier to make a freon refrigerant system. I was going to use ammonia because it works with a much lower compression and gits much colder but its rather poisons and I would like not to die so I shall use a freon system. much cheaper to build than a water loop.

Last edited:
I have my freon system designed but the parts are a bit to much cold than I'll need for a sealed system if I dont seal it air tight it well have condinsation what should I do??

Ankhan,

You're deleting too many of your posts. It's makes the continuity of your thread difficult to follow. Just leave them there, it doesn't hurt anything.

RT

I'm thinking of using a Peltier cooled water chilling set up but if I do do I still need multiple loops or can I use just one? do I still need to seal it air tight?
also I was wanting to know the opinion of the people on here you all overclock so you can understand what I want to do.
I was thinking of a way I could make money and all the computers out on the market are so cheaply made and you cant even buy a stranded computer with a water loop, one phase, or any thing else much less built for overclocking so if I started my own company selling custom computers that can be overclocked and are set up for sub-zero with all the temp controls, and sealed, would any one buy it If I could do it and sell as my standard product a hard core sealed one phase pc under US$2000.00 ?????

Last edited:
most people that do sub-zero overclocking would have no interest in buying a pre-built system. I just don't think there would be a market for it, and you sound like you have a lot to learn before you start trying to build for others.

I don't know though, just my thought, I could be totally wrong

most people that do sub-zero overclocking would have no interest in buying a pre-built system. I just don't think there would be a market for it, and you sound like you have a lot to learn before you start trying to build for others.

I don't know though, just my thought, I could be totally wrong

your probably right the only thing I could think of is that each one would need to be a custom pc. but then again part of the fun is building it your self. I take pride in building things. maybe I could build custom heat sinks or custom tower cases then again cases are rather cheap to buy but then again I cant be the only one out there that wishes his case came with all the accommodations for a phase change or water chiller system along with a fancy design.you see in my case the place I would put my one phase system is on to right side of the case with separated from the mother board so I well be building o case to add on to my mid tower to house my compressor, accumulator, and radiator. I know I need to spind much more time as a builder but I really want to know what people want.

Last edited:
Fun is building. Ever built a Phase unit for a PC? Parts alone start at $500. They use a TON of electricity. The components need insulation. Ever insultaed a mobo for subambient cooling?

Few, except the top folks who need to break records, do nothing but build, tweak, smoke $300 motherboards and laugh (kinda) need phase.

Dreaming is one thing. Having 5+ years in this stuff is another.

Just build a nice air cooled dream PC for now. Watercool it later. In a few years you, with 1000's of hours and experiance with building phase units you might get somewhere.

What 99% of the people want is a PC that is quiet and fast. Not one teeny bit of this crazy stuff your talking about. Your Uncle/whatever, who you have threatened publicly with violence is smarter than you think.

Step back, for $1100 you can build a decent rig. Focus on that.

EDIT. I got kids. As they got older past 13 I got stoopider. As they got 19, 20, 23, they realized I wasn't a fool. Your young, lots of dreams. Make them happen, but based in reality. Your gonna have to work hard, get an education. Give the old gy a break, he's already got to deal with you and all his other problems. Life is easy when you have your future. Wait till your 53 and figure out that this is all there is to existance?

Last edited:
well for now I'll feel happy just making the money I can and having fun with it. this pc is for gaming and I really dont think I need any more cooling than air. I mite try to use a water chill later but only if I have heat problems. I just want to know one think I am getting the Crosshair V Formula as my mother board and AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX as my processor do I need to get a video card to play the better games and if so what should I get?

Last edited:
well I have learned a lot but because I am going to be driving a rig most of the time I well be getting a laptop. If any one could I would like some pointers on what to look for in one.price is not a factor.

Back