• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i5 2500K Sapphire 7870 Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i had the tiny tiny tiny tiny cable plugged in and half the case was out of the table since the power cable was soo short.

my caviar black is a sata III drive and I have used up a SATA III port.. just wanted to know if it is okay to plug into a sata II drive? will a mechanical drive ever max out a SATA II data bandwidth?

Nope..not even close.

:D

I think the velopciraptor is pretty close :)

Instead of throwing my old case away I am going to salvage the fans out of it.. But what else can I salvage? the side panels? or should i just glue the top fins back and maybe sell the case for a reduced price?

No, its not close either. Maybe 1/2 the bandwidth.

I would pilfer the fans, and maybe the side panels and trash it.

yup, I know that, just wanted to know how far mechanical ones were from SSD's

Last edited:
okay guys, stupid DPD kept claiming i wasnt in the house when in fact i was camping at the door. so i got my money back and what would you recomend for 50 pounds? (i think 70 dollars)

btw talking about case

Preferebly one with many many fans 5+ please as my old case has fans which i could use.

also, if it is blue then that is encouraged as i have blue fans

Last edited:
CM690II with the blue fan, maybe. Might have to throw a few extra pounds from where your at. Dunno.

if you read pounds then you surely must know newegg cant suffice

i have to buy from ebay or some uk site

also no side window x.x

I am going to take apart everything to replace the case. should i save the fans and screws and just throw away the case?

Back