• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i5 2500K Sapphire 7870 Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats horse **** (HUGE thread here about that with ZERO conlusions), and you dont have negative pressure anyway.

Ha ha... my bad, I thought you had a bunch of intakes. Leave it as is as you will disrupt airFLOW. Proper airflow means more than negative/positive pressure.

Here is the thing...You are not an extreme overclocker. You do not need every little degree to eeek out another 100Mhz in your overclock. If you flip the exhaust around you have poor airFLOW inside the case. Its just not worth it when the result of it is essentially meaningless. :)

Just wondering what will happen if I overclock my CPU ( I am not going to)

faster rendering of videos?(dont graphics cards handle video rendering?)
faster game loading times?
what would it improve?

1. No.
2. No. Thats handled by your hard drive.
3. It improves rendering of videos if you are MAKING the video, not watching it. It will improve encoding times, some games will respond to increased speed as well.

Not sure Felix. You can look up some benchmarks on the CPU and they have some of that information.

alrite.. so to my knowledge, it is good for speeding up minor things or just to have the joy of seeing those numbers rise or trying to break some sort of record...

There are plenty of benefits to overclocking. Overall system response is faster. Overclocking started out as a poor man's way to get the performance of faster chips. So you buy the $100 2Ghz chip and overclock it to the $300 2.8Ghz chip for example.

lol, fairs. I am happy with my system as it can play all the games right now :)

But I think my graphics card is still not good enough to handle minecraft..

I am getting 100+fps on BFBC2 and 50 fps on crysis

but my minecraft is only getting 30+ :(

That's cause Minecraft is written like crap. xD

In all honesty though...getting Minecraft to run at a high FPS is just luck.

but to be fair minecraft is such an intensive game, i dont know if it is more cpu intensive than gpu intensive

:rofl: minecraft an intensive game? Oh man, havent heard something that funny for a game that looks worse than the original DOOM in a while.

..... I guess you guys dont understand the intensity of games like minecraft.. you show me a game when every single particle is an interactive item....

Back