• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i5 2500K Sapphire 7870 Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guys, I cant get my onboard graphics to work? there is no output at all.. I had to return the card tomorrow so now i cant use the comp until the replacement arrives?.. damn i wish i never RMA'd

I tried to install the VGA drivers on the mobo's website
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-GD55.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win7 64

But when i run the setup it says your machine doesn't fit the minimum requirements?

but an interesting thing is when i plug the DVI cable back into the graphics card the window i had shrunk to the size of how small the resolution wouold be if i used the onboard graphics.. maybe it works but it just doesn't output untill in install the driver? Please help!

How about you create a signature with your components as opposed to a snarky comment about Macs? ;)

Just to be sure, you DL the "Intel VGA Driver for 7x series" correct? You should just need to enable it within the bios and go, then install the proper drivers as base drivers SHOULD be good.

Why are you returning a functional card (or did I miss more posts that its not working?).

I already asked for a replacement before i got conviced it was thedrivers.and lol calmdown. its just a banter.

And yes I DL that driver.howdoyou enable graphics in the bios?I thought it would be naturally on..

Like I said it doesn't output anyhting..When I first build it, I tried toboot up and there was no out put at all! hmm..well,my GPU is packed up now and I will have to this old laptop untill the new one arrives.

There is an option which to load first, if its not on auto, set it to igpu or whatever is NOT PCI/PEG.

what if I had never bought a video card so I wouldnt have gotten an output int he first place :S

silly msi! :)

Terrible guess. It will not play at high res highest settings but it will so lower res low settings.

Last edited:
Seems like I will get my GPU on monday. I cannot wait. I am getting interested in water cooling just because I want to take ona challenge even though i will never overclock. then I realised I am dirt poor now xD

Last edited:
BTW when I installed windows i got an option for "architecture" x86 and x64... what are these?

I thought windows was 64 and 32 bit.. what is 86?

Also, should I waste my money on a soundcard? if it do, do i have to use the connectors on the card instead of the headphones and mic in on the case to make use of the card?

Last edited:
WOW I almost clicked on it, I am SOOOO glad I didnt.. WOW.. I thought a higher number was better WOW!

phew! bullet dodged.. and I guess you are hinting that it is barely noticible.. I wear earphones all the time, I never use speakers..

You can get high-end earphones and headphones just like you can get high end speakers. Some of these won't even run without a separate amplifier in line, which is built into some of the higher end soundcards. You just didn't seem like the type of person whose buying Sennhiser or Audio Technica.

Just a Quick Question.. If I overclock my CPU, Will the onboard graphics get Overclocked as well?

HI guys.. Just wondering, (sorry for the many questions)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 vs Scythe Mugen Mugen 2 ?

I do not like the temps my CPU is reaching especially when using onboard graphics, they go above 42 degrees Celsius and even close to 50! (I heard the CPU shuts down at 60)

My temp right now is 34, which is a good temp for me. ( Yes I know even buying the biggest CPU cooler is still limited to room temperature) I just wanted some temps below 40 or 42 when playing games and such with the GPU (not onboard)

Looking forward to your opinions!

80 sounds so darn hot. and as I mentioned a 1000 time sover :) I will never overclock the cpu

i just want better stock temps... 40 and above is a bit worrying for me

Back