• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i5 2500K Sapphire 7870 Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought that corrupt drivers meant the item wouldnt function properly not show similar results to the card being damaged!

I wish I would cancel the RMA but oh well, I guess a new card isn't a bad thing

Glad you got it resolved. Id return the new un-opened card that way they can sell it as new. In the end it will save us all some cash!

The symptoms you saw are not the symptoms of a damaged card. They are symptoms of a software problem (drivers or OS). Hardware typically doesn't limp, it either works or it doesn't. Symptoms of damaged card would be not functioning at all or artifacts (also caused by an unstable OC).

glitching/lagging is usually network based (especially the term lagging). lines or dots are signs of a bad card, not drivers in most cases.

No not network lag.. its a single player game.. Earth please stop misunderstanding again!

I'm on page 122 btw :p
come back on the same page! ;)

Some times i think glitches comes from the video card, lik my 8800GT ran ut 2004 smooth as butter, now my GTX 570 i get stalls now and then on that game only.

Last edited:
well, I guess the screen freezes rather than lagging.

I've just printed out the label.. I will have to wait now till my card arrives.. oh well. i5 graphics GOO!!!!

I can get BF3 for £25

Or the valve complete pack for £50

Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, Half-Life, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2

I don't really play multiplayer, so my vote goes to the Valve pack.

You might want to pick up the Humble Bundle too.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Not sure how the prices work on the other side of the Atlantic, but if you pay a certain amount they'll give you Steam codes for the games

This is how it works:
Whatever you want to pay - 4 games
More than xxx amount - Steam codes for the 4 games
More than the average payment - 8 games + Steam codes

but how do you use the steam codes? because when you download something on steam you need to pay right?

also.. looks like a scam....

LOLOL So I can pay 1 usd if i want and they wont be pissed and not give me any games?

It's not a scam, it's actually wildly popular. It's a charity sort of thing. When you pay, you get to choose where the money goes. You can send it to the developers who made the game, charity, or to the organization that runs this sale. You can actually pay 1c and get the 4 games, but you need to pay at least 1 USD to get the Steam codes.

To use the Steam code, open up steam, click on Add a Game+ on the bottom left corner, then click on Activate a Product on Steam...

I'd like to but all my remaining money would be spent on the valve thing. also, I dont like indie games :)

On steam if you loose your hard drive can you get your games and codes back?

I have a steam account however i'm afraid of loosing games i would pay fore.

If your hard drive comes loose, tighten up the screws. If you lose data, you can DL the games with the keys from Steam that you paid for.

Back