• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 800d - dual rad build -Single loop build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Console, Quite a few ppl that aren't into computers react surprised when I tell them I was planning on water cool my PC. Others that are in the know tell me I am nuts since they can't fathom the effort/cost, especially with today's high end air cooling doing such a good job.

Gros, since putting the effort into sleeving all those cables, I figured I might as well showcase them best i could.

CPU temps monitored with Real Temp. GPU temps monitored with MSI afterburn and GPU-Z. Temps are currently under stock settings! Planning to OC in the near future into the low to mid 3's.

GPU stressed with GPU Tool and ATI Tool.
CPU stressed with Prime95.

CPU : idle 33....load 49
GPU : idle 28....load 36
Water temp from temp sensor is reporting 26 idle, 28 load.

PA120.3 and MCR220 fans are running at 1260 RPM and 1150 RPM, respectively. [for the silence!]

Thanks Con and Detale. :thup:

Last edited:
You are much more patient then I am . It would have allready been @ 4ghz before it was finished bleeding =)

Amazing!! I am currently looking into water cooling my system, and I might do what you did here. If you don't mind ofcourse, lol. It seems I'm going to need to buy some tools to modify the bottom HDD tray of my 800D and install a cylinder reservoir though. Which will more than likely cost a chunk of money, hah! Not to mention I have never used power tools before which does seem kind of weird once I thought about it :shrug:. I do have one question though. On the divider between the MOBO and the PSU you have washers and fittings there. Was this to dodge the possibility of kinks on the tubes going from the bottom rad to the pumps?

This will cost me a **** load, but hey, looks sexy :).

You sir, are my hero :clap:.

Cheers,
Mass :thup:

Last edited:
Mass, nothing I did was MY idea, I just incorporated a few different builds I found interesting and put them into one build. Have at it man, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Half the tools I borrowed from coworkers...ask around, people usually don't mind you using their tools that are sitting around collecting dust. Shouldn't really need to be said, but power tools = wear glasses! Lots of metal dust and little chunks go flying when cutting up the case.

Yes, the through-hole fittings and washers are there because going from the pumps, to the grommet, to the rad was quite a tight squeeze [especially since I really wanted to keep the 140mm fan underneath the pump] and I was having some big issues on how I was going to connect it all. I saw the through-holes on another build, like the way it looked and thought it would help me out, which it did. The washers are there only because the case's holes were JUST slightly larger than the fitting.

That is an absolutely gorgeous build, great photos & descriptions too. Hmm...would you want to make your posts into a front page article?

Wow... nice job on that case... Amazing. I reviewed it for the Front Page but dont have the balls to cut up a $300 case quite yet (though I will be cutting out space for 140mm fan on the plexi to help intake air).

+1 for a front page article on this!!

Just thought I should tell you I've been referring to this worklog a lot for my own. Many of the components are similar. And I would be very happy if mine came out looking as good as yours. So just thought I'd tell you it's a great build!

Very nice job!!!! Love the sleeving! I wish i would've thought about multiple colors when i did mine but oh well i'm not doing any more sleeving! I agree with you after all the sleeving hours you should definitely showcase at least a little bit of it =P and it looks very nice with the color combination. Also very nice quality pictures puts my phone pics of my rig to shame lol.

Back