• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H100 vs Noctua NH-D14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks guys, sorry to interrupt with this thread. all in all im not happy with the h80 was expecting much better then my old arctic freezer 13 pro.

------------------------------------
Case: CoolerMaster 430 ELITE
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
CPU: Intel Core i7 2700k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80, Arctic MX-4 compound / paste
GPU: MSI GTX 560TI 880Mhz
Ram: Kingstone HyperX Genesis 4x4GB 16GB 1333MHz
Power Supply: 800W
Monitor: LG 1080p LED 22in
Windows 64bit Ultimate

I use a program bro.. You install on w7 and open it.. choice what do you want to stress.. (by example: Stress the CPU or memorys or GPU..) press go and the program up your processor until finish you need stop that in a good moment if u are testing a clock becose have risk to crash..!!

Soljaa Bro I dont know really how much money you wanna use.. but if u wanna frezze your cpu buy Tt Big Water 760 plus.. ;D

Bro my neighbor have a i7 980x in the max voltage.. with this system because the case Tt lvl 10 gt snow include it..

and the max temp is 39° - 41°..

I really dont know if the Tt watter coolers are junk.. but this model work perfect..!!

(note: remember you need to use it with the especial refrigerant thermaltake is green)

Soljaa Bro I dont know really how much money you wanna use.. but if u wanna frezze your cpu buy Tt Big Water 760 plus.. ;D

How much would the Tt Big Water 760 plus cost me in total?

I just my cpu to be on low 60c when overclocked at 4.5Ghz and that is what i was expecting from corsair H80.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700k
Windows 64bit Ultimate

:facepalm:

LOL, LOL, LOL. Thermaltake watercooling products. :rain:

'Friends don't let friends buy Thermaltake'.:thup:

OMG, that 760 is 3 times more expensive than a good air cooler that will last.

I can't stress how wrong this is, it's just OMG the wrong thing, and others will chip in. It's junknknk.

HiPNOWS, how could you even suggest that?:bang head

How much would the Tt Big Water 760 plus cost me in total?

I just my cpu to be on low 60c when overclocked at 4.5Ghz and that is what i was expecting from corsair H80.

You want temps like that you buy a custom WC rig with massive radiator space and lots of fannage.

The H80 is no better than cheaper less hassle air coolers.
Plan for $300 or so. You want to play with the big boys, you pay. Or you live with what you have, and it's fine for what you payed. WHY do you have to be at the magic 60C? :popcorn:
Head over to the WC forum, spend a week or so in the stickies and then make a parts list. :)

I have at least $1000 in my WC setup, and temps are low and silent. You wanna do that?

Ok I told what my neighbor have one and work perfect.. I told too if u guys dont like this item dont problem tell him what he can buy.. but I told him my neighbor experience with this cooler.. ;)

(my neighbor buy this later than me.. if I dont have it, is because when my neighbor buy it i had my Tt frio ock =/)

But look this.. I dont look how work another system of watter maybe have one better..

So it's second hand knowledge, and you have no idea about watercooling. That's why I slammed your post to stop a post that might influence a dedicated PC enthusiast.

(note: remember you need to use it with the especial refrigerant thermaltake is green)

This is water with antifreeze, used in cars to prevent corrosion due to dissimilar metals. Which real watercooling got away from over 4 years go. In fact, it has less heat ability than water. And the green? WOW Greennnn.....................

It's not refridgerant either. :rain:

Yeah you have all reason on this is second hand knowledge.. But I help him to install all that system and I help him make the clocks in him processor.. when I told you.. Is the first time what I work with a water cooler.. but my opinion is what is a great cooler and you need respect this ok?

If you work with this same system and you have bad experience I respect this.. If u never have this items in your hand.. And your only reference come from wc forums.. post with more respect.. I have more than 7 years working with OC and extreme machines bro ;)

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but could you guys please get back to the D14 vs H100?
---
I understand that at Idle temperatures, the D14 and H100 preform almost the same, except that the D14 is much more quiet. Does anyone have temperature charts with the D14 and H100 for the 3770k overclocked to about 4.5GHz+? I want to know if there is any major differences as voltage or speed increases.

Idle temperatures are almost meaningless, and remember that noise is a byproduct of the fans, which are easily replaceable.

I would imagine that most tests are done with overclocked X58 CPUs, which are just as hard to cool, if not harder than Ivy Bridge CPUs.

The H100 destroys the D14 in every way, I have both in service right now :thup:

I use 4x 38x120's on the H100, works great! A third fan on the D14 will do nothing. I have experimented with fans on the D14, but found there was little improvement. The D14 has a very hard time keeping up with my 970, but seems at home with my tiny Q9550 :D

Yeah, the H100 does love more airflow. I was running 2x 38x120 235CFM Delta's until my H100 failed after barely 2 months use. I switched over the the NH-D14 while it was being warrantied and never really changed back. The H100 is marginally better, but the improvement isn't great enough to justify running a solution which is definitely more likely to fail than an air cooler.

When I say it failed I don't mean it leaked or anything, simply that it completely failed, menaing it would no longer power up. No pump, no fans, no lights, no nothing.... :shrug:

My replacement H100 was given to a mate as I decided I valued reliabillity over an extra 2-4C cooling. These days however Noctua is no logner king of the air coolers. You're much better off looking at the Phanteks PH-TC14PE. Don't be put off by the colour, thats simply the cheapest one. You can get it white, grey, orange, red and black. Personally I don't care about looks and would jsut go with the cheap orange one.

Yeah, the H100 does love more airflow. I was running 2x 38x120 235CFM Delta's until my H100 failed after barely 2 months use. I switched over the the NH-D14 while it was being warrantied and never really changed back. The H100 is marginally better, but the improvement isn't great enough to justify running a solution which is definitely more likely to fail than an air cooler.

When I say it failed I don't mean it leaked or anything, simply that it completely failed, menaing it would no longer power up. No pump, no fans, no lights, no nothing.... :shrug:

My replacement H100 was given to a mate as I decided I valued reliabillity over an extra 2-4C cooling. These days however Noctua is no logner king of the air coolers. You're much better off looking at the Phanteks PH-TC14PE. Don't be put off by the colour, thats simply the cheapest one. You can get it white, grey, orange, red and black. Personally I don't care about looks and would jsut go with the cheap orange one.
-Is this the same cooler?
http://www.amazon.com/PHANTEKS-PH-T...1341268603&sr=1-1&keywords=phanteks+ph-tc14pe
-How much better is that cooler than the D14?

Yup, sure is. It's a few degree's better with a marginally improved design over the Noctua. Basically the copied Noctua's design outright and then made a few design tweaks. Quality is on par with the Noctua from everything I've read.

H series coolers are better then the air coolers because of few things.

1. most high performance air coolers are heavy and will hang from the motherboard, also bad if you carry your pc around unlike h series coolers.

2. because it is big there wont be much space for you to work with to get in your motherboard unlike H series coolers.

3. the best air cooler, the bigger it will be so the bigger case you will need and more money again which most people don't really need a tower case.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700k Overclocked 4.5GHz 1.3 Volts
Windows 64bit Ultimate

Back