• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H100 vs Noctua NH-D14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone know if the H100 supports push/pull inside of the CM Storm Trooper?

Seriously, if you're careful there's no issue with large air coolers. I've not had a problem taking mine to LAN's yet. Likewise I put 16GB in this rig to start with so I don't need access to the RAM slots. Another point is that you generally plug in all mainboard cables before you install your heatsink anyway so working with your mainboard isn't really an issue unless your power supply dies.

well h80 is a high performance cooler too tho, and from the benchmarks i seen looks H100 is not even 2c lower than H80 and it also shows it on the H100/H80 Box. 1.6c difference so in my opinion in real time comparing H100 and h80 would be 1c difference or 2 the most.

well if you have a Tower case or even bigger, then no problems i guess but a mid tower case is not ideal for big heat sinks. also anything can die like the fans on the case which the heat sink covers or even the fan headers are hard to reach or even impossible in some cases. taking a heat sink out just because my fan died or i want to change my fan to a better.....

I have had these experiences before

------------------------------------
Case: CoolerMaster 430 ELITE
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
CPU: Intel Core i7 2700k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80, Arctic MX-4 compound / paste
GPU: MSI GTX 560TI 880Mhz
Ram: Kingstone HyperX Genesis 4x4GB 16GB 1333MHz
Power Supply: 800W
Monitor: LG 1080p LED 22in
Windows 64bit Ultimate

Last edited:
:facepalm:
Yeah you have all reason on this is second hand knowledge.. But I help him to install all that system and I help him make the clocks in him processor.. when I told you.. Is the first time what I work with a water cooler.. but my opinion is what is a great cooler and you need respect this ok?

If you work with this same system and you have bad experience I respect this.. If u never have this items in your hand.. And your only reference come from wc forums.. post with more respect.. I have more than 7 years working with OC and extreme machines bro ;)

'Friends don't let friends buy Thermaltake'.:thup: I loved that one a bit :)

:beer:

Not Sure if Bobnova had posted anything up there, but I guess I've always been an air guy myself and that Phanteks cooler he put up on page 31 he was trying out looked pretty sweet.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693226&page=31

Last edited:
Look, I've used both the H100 and Noctua NH-D14. The H100 is the better cooler, especially with upgraded fans. The Noctua is slightly lower performing however due to my experiences with reliabillity with the Corsair Hydro series I can't really recommend them.

Either go high end air or move to a custom water loop.

Look, I've used both the H100 and Noctua NH-D14. The H100 is the better cooler, especially with upgraded fans. The Noctua is slightly lower performing however due to my experiences with reliabillity with the Corsair Hydro series I can't really recommend them.

Either go high end air or move to a custom water loop.
If I go air, is the Phanteks PH-TC14PE the best choice as of July 2012?
If I go water, it will almost definitely be the H100... I just need to know if it fits in my case.
Also for the H100, how does a normal 2 fan setup compare to a 4 fan push/pull setup?

More air better temps. All you gotta do is get 4 great fans with 2000 RPM and it will perform almost as well as a 120x2 XSPC RX rad, Swiftech 35X, good CPU block and res etc. It'll be twice as loud but perform pretty well. And 1/3rd the cost. And 1/100th the reliability.

Yep, the Phanteks is the best currently available. What case are you running? You've no sig so I can't refer to that.

With the Phanteks you can run 3x fans, though it only nets about 2-4 degree's from what I've seen. Not really worth the extra noise.

More air better temps. All you gotta do is get 4 great fans with 2000 RPM and it will perform almost as well as a 120x2 XSPC RX rad, Swiftech 35X, good CPU block and res etc. It'll be twice as loud but perform pretty well. And 1/3rd the cost. And 1/100th the reliability.
How much better would the H100 cool if I used push/pull with 4 fans? Is it worth the extra money and noise?

Yep, the Phanteks is the best currently available. What case are you running? You've no sig so I can't refer to that.

With the Phanteks you can run 3x fans, though it only nets about 2-4 degree's from what I've seen. Not really worth the extra noise.
CM Storm Trooper. Would the Phanteks fit if I were using G.Skill RipJawsX?

h100 Push & Pull not worth the extra noise gain you will get.
------------------------------------
Case: CoolerMaster 430 ELITE
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
CPU: Intel Core i7 2700k - 4.5GHz at 1.3volts
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80, Arctic MX-4 compound / paste
GPU: MSI GTX 560TI 880Mhz
Ram: Kingstone HyperX Genesis 4x4GB 16GB 1333MHz
Power Supply: 800W
Monitor: LG 1080p LED 22in
Windows 64bit Ultimate

Attachments

• Teo H80 upgrade Pic.jpg