• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cost for a pelter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you dont want to do it yourself, I would recomend the swiftech. Not much that can go wrong there, and I have never heard anyone complain about them. Swiftech is know for its quality. If you have the hundred bucks for the Swifty and another couple for a Meanwell power supply, you're all set. Just hook em up and start pushing ur chip.

However, if you have a drill and a hacksaw, building your own is not that hard. Its all going to be covered with insulation anyway so it doesn't have to be pretty.

Here is a good place to get the copper: www.onlinemetals.com
Look for C110 Flat Bar. I would recomend .375" thickness for the coldplate. You can get a custom cut to save money and so all you have to do is drill you holes for the machine screws. For a maze4, I would suggest getting ".375" X 2.5" Copper 110 H04 Rectangle" in a 3 inch custom cut. Or follow on the link here .

There are a lot of people out there that are the reason we have warning labels on everything, and these are the people who will slap a pelt together and burn the house down, but if you read a few guides and a few threads of other people who have put together their own pelt system and act safe, a DIY pelt is about as safe as watercooling. I wouldn't let the naysayers discourage you, everyone here was ignorant at some point in time. Myself especially.

Last edited:
i would love to make my own but the thing is my dads european so i dont got power tools

lol

how much would it be to buy all the parts seperate and put them to gether as aposed to buying the block pelter and plate all togheter like swtiftec?

Given your current situation, I would bet the pre-made swifty settup will be the cheaper option. If you had a waterblock already, then it might be different.

whell i mean ill have a storm or apoge by then but those dont work well with pelters do they?

ya what would i need from swiftec to get it all working assuming i already got the wc stuff like tubing pump and rad

i would need the k8 pelter right?
the one for vids cuz im crazy?
and a powersupply?

250$?

but the 2 swiftec blocks are the best option for me right becuase id like to make my own but its like the swiftec ones look really clean and i dont have to worry about messing up on the insulation and frying ****

Back