• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could I get more out of my Sempron 145?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maninder055

Registered
i have an and semron 145 cpu and simmtronics n68d3 mobo and i want to overclock my cpu.i tried to overclock my cpu but i failed.

my mobo supports FSB upto 300,stock FSB is 200,cpu maximum multi is 14x and HT LINK is 1000 mhz.so i increse the FSB to 230 to get 3.2ghz cpu speed i didn't made any change in memory settings NB rais upto 2200-2320. everything works fine .then the main problem occured after two or three restarts my system takes 3x time than normal to boot up and FSB automatically fells down to 200 and my cpu clock speed comes to 2.8ghz

so please help me to understand cpu,memory to overclock my cpu

As you raise the fsb it unturned raises the ram speed, CPU NB, and ht link, you need to adjust the multiplier on the ht and CPU NB to compensate and drop you're memory devider (sometimes disputed as a ratio) also you will not get far without a cpu voltage option on you're board. I have never heard of that board before so I can't say what options you have !

The FSB is the "master bus" of the system. All other frequencies are tuned to it. When you increase the FSB several other component buses speed up: The HT Link, the CPUNB and the Memory. Any of the can cause instability like you describe when they get too high and therefore may need to be manually adjusted downward.

Probably the first thing you need to do is to lower the memory speed in bios. If your memory was running at 1333 then lower it to 1066 to give some headroom. That should get you started. After that I suggest increasing the FSB in 5 mhz increments. Then in Windows run the Prime95 blend test for 20 minutes to test for stability. If you can't pass the 20 minute blend test then go into bios and add .025 mhz of CPU voltage. That approach should eliminate the problem with resetting your bios because you can't post. Post back with an update.

Your FSB adjustment in bios may show an adjustment up to 300 mhz but I doubt that inexpensive board will tolerate a FSB that high. I think more like 240-250 is more realistic.

COULD I GET MORE OUT TO MY SEMPRON 145

i have an AMD SEMPRON 145 cpu.i was tring to overclock it from past week but every time i failed.now yesterday i sucessfully overclok it around 3.3ghz.here's my confinguration

cpuz2.jpg

what about my settings.
could i get more out from cpu? please reply!

Its an old s939 CPU, but yeah, 2.2v seems like a TON for that CPU. I was thinking 1.5ish?

Its an old s939 CPU, but yeah, 2.2v seems like a TON for that CPU. I was thinking 1.5ish?
Sir, that is an AM3 socket CPU. 45nm...
STARS based Sargas.

If he was giving that voltage, the CPU would be dead (even on LN2) so CPU-Z is reading something else here for vcore, possibly DRAM voltage.

i'm in a little confusion bacause cpu-z shows my cpu has been eating 2.2v but other apps shows 1.35v.my mobo have option of overvoltage but when i set a voltage of 1.37v system didn't started.what should i do?
all.jpg

no it is not a prebuilt machine

cpu:amd sempron 145 2.8ghz
multi:x14
stock fsb:200
stock HT link:1000

mobo:simm n68d3(w)
chipset:nvidia geforce 7025
southbridge:nvidia nforce 630a

memory:ddr3 pc3-10700(667mhz)
size:2gb

Last edited:
Logic tells us CPUz is wrong since several people in here said you would have a dead chip at those voltages. ;)

Logic tells us CPUz is wrong since several people in here said you would have a dead chip at those voltages. ;)
But we don't use logic here most of the time ;)

His motherboard is an unfamiliar brand, kind of hard to give tips without knowing what vcore is or what options the board has.

You need to try a different cpuz as the ver you're running is not working correctly, you slso need to go into you're bios and change the timings and speed of you're ram to close to one of the jedec # in the spd tab, but not tighter or faster just yet, bump the CPU vcore to 1.4v,drop the CPU NB to close to 2000 but not below and try again

i'm gonna explain all confusions and i have latest version of cpu-z

1:my cpu vcore voltage is at auto
2:cpu-z shows vcore voltage 2.2v
3:eek:ther's programs like pcwizard and hwinfo64 shows vcore voltage 1.35v
4:so i entered into bios and manually set vcore voltage to 1.40 and restart system
5:My system doesn't restart so I was disappointed.i shutdown my system by pressing and
holding power botton.
6:again i restart my system and it start seccussfully but system took longer time to start
and i but screen was shaking
7:i opened cpu-z but it was showing vcore voltage 2.2v and screen was shaking all the time and pc wizard,hwinfo 64 show vcore voltage 1.40v

so help me i can't understand what is happening

Back