• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could I get more out of my Sempron 145?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can go ahead and change the ram speed back to 1066 in bios. I only had you slow it down to 400 because you were talking about seeing how far the fsb could be taken. If you put it back to 1066 with the FSB at 250 mhz then I think that will turn out to make the ram running at 1333 mhz which is it's rated max frequency.

And, yes, you can lower the CPUNB frequency. Looking at your other thread it should be the "NB to CPU Frequency" line in bios which you would need to take off of Auto. Unfortunately, this will also probably lower your HT Link frequency which may cost you some PCI-e performance. What you don't have the ability to do and which is a real limitation is to increase the CPUNB voltage. For now, leave the NB to CPU Frequency like it is. Go ahead and change that memory speed, however, and post back with new pics of the three CPU-z tabs so we can verify the effect of the memory speed change.

Cool N Quiet will likely be in a section of the bios you have not checked yet like "Chipset" or "Advanced Bios Options". Can you attach pics of the main bios page that shows the tabs to choose from?

Or do you have a link to the downloadable version of your motherboard's online manual? When I went looking for it all I found was the PDF brochure with an overview of the board's features.

Last edited:
Chaintech, huh? Now that's a blast from the past. And I thought Soyo had gone out of business or is that just true in some markets?

i found a new thing about my mobo i knew the max voltage for my sempron 145 is 1.35v.so when i set vcore voltage to 1.37v my system become unstable the monitor screen was shaking all the time and it was difficult to read or do anything when screen was shaking.then i manully set vcore voltage to 1.35v and eveything was working fine but still cpu-z was showing vcore voltage to 2.2v.now i have set my vcore voltage to 1.15v and multi is x8 so my system is runing at 1.6ghz and consuming 23.5w of power cpu max tdp is 41w but i could not find how to change NB voltage and multiplyer.

i tried to made cpu to NB frequency lower.so i set HT multi to 8x but then HT link was at 800mhz and NB was still running at stock frequency 2000mhz.one more thing there are 3 option in my bios for memory setting
1:auto
2:manual-400,533,667,800,auto
3:limit-400,533,667,800,auto

what option should i choose there

Let's see pics again of these two CPU-z tabs: CPU and Memory. I want to see what effect the FSB frequency has had on the NB/CPU-NB as it shows in CPU-z.

Maninder055, I merged posts from your other thread into this one. Please stick to one thread per topic.

That board is causing you a huge amount of problems before you have started you're overclock! I don't think it's advisable to try and overclock with it, Trents suggestion of a bios update is a good idea, but I could not find one on the net anywhere, just other people having trouble with the board like you, I hope you can sort it out, but I would recommend you get a different board and save yourself a whole load of trouble and headaches in the future.

I agree totally with Keny. And don't get a board with the Nvidia chipset. Nvidia makes great video cards but terrible motherboard chipsets and bioses. Get a board with an AMD chipset. Nvidia has all but dropped out of the motherboard sector on the AMD platform and is now just a bit player. Get a board made by Asus, ASRock or Gigabyte with a robust AMD chipset. Go at least up to the 970 chipset.

I agree with you.this board is creating g huge problem for me from past 9 month's.so guys suggest me a good board and cpu around $150 from both amd and intel brand's

Last edited:
Product availability and pricing vary tremendously from one part of the world to another. The best way to do this would be for you to provide a link to the online catalog of the vendor or vendors you would likely buy from.

Product availability and pricing vary tremendously from one part of the world to another. The best way to do this would be for you to provide a link to the online catalog of the vendor or vendors you would likely buy from.

^+1^

The best idea.

guys tell me which chipset is better NVIDIA or AMD for onboard graphics and overclocking.so i will buy that one.

For onboard graphics, AMD. For overclocking, its a crap shoot. Those two things are not associated really.

Back