• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could I get more out of my Sempron 145?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That board doesn't seem to be up to the task. I'd run it stock and load optimized defaults in bios.
What brand is it? Can you show us a picture of it with your side panel off?

That board doesn't seem to be up to the task. I'd run it stock and load optimized defaults in bios.
What brand is it? Can you show us a picture of it with your side panel off?

His board supports 125W chips so it should be able to handle quite the overclock on a Sempron

i'm in a little confusion bacause cpu-z shows my cpu has been eating 2.2v but other apps shows 1.35v.my mobo have option of overvoltage but when i set a voltage of 1.37v system didn't started.what should i do?
View attachment 116997

Is there a later bios that you could flash the board with to perhaps correct this voltage reporting problem?

Holy cow.. the OP has 3 threads on the same thing essentially.. (this is why we state to create one thread on the same/similar subjects!!!!).

We need a thread merge.

Oh, GB...haven't seen the other threads.
As long as it's not an Msi board I think it should be fine...Though that bios seems to behave strangely.
We'll have to wait for further replies then, and yeah, a thread merge would come in handy.

Maninder055, please only create one thread per topic. I've merged the duplicate threads into this one.

EarthDog and BeepBeep2, please take it to private messages. I've deleted and your posts and I don't want to see that ever mentioned on the forums again. Everyone is welcome here.

Let's get back to overclocking...

i increse FSB upto 255 and it works and my system boot up seccussfully but cpuNB raise upto 2550mhz. i don't know how to cut it down.i set my ram to 400 and get cpu clock speed
of 3.5ghz but NB is my problem. will higher NB frequency make my sysyem unstable and could harm my system

If your CPUNB frequency gets too high it will make the system unstable. You can overclock that component to a point but you also must support it with extra voltage if you do. Generally, 1.25-1.3 volts for that works to get it to about 2500-2600 mhz. You have an inexpensive lower end motherboard and it may not have all those controls in bios.

So here is what I would like you to do: Download and install a free program called CPU-z. Then post back attached pics of these three tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". First, crop and save the images to disc with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window. When the Advanced post window appears, click on the little paperclip icon at the top. This will load the file browser/uploader tool and the rest will be obvious.

You're board supports core unlocking, have you tried enabling it (cpu unlock)and rebooting to see if it will unlock into a dual core athlon ?

i tried and it seccussfully became an atlon cpu but then a problem occured.a screen appeared with "starting window" and then system hangs there i wait for 30min but i got disappointment.so what should i do

You will need to make a clear CMOS on motherboard.

Then redo the BIOS settings, do not attempt overclock yet.
Just try the core unlock. If it is not stable but locks up again,
try increase the processor voltage(Vcore) in BIOS, one or two steps above the "auto" level voltage.
Follow up on the processor temp.

If the 2nd core is not stable regardless increasing the vcore within "safe" limits,
it could mean that the 2nd core is not usable, and locked for reason.

i tried and it seccussfully became an atlon cpu but then a problem occured.a screen appeared with "starting window" and then system hangs there i wait for 30min but i got disappointment.so what should i do

Can you still get into bios? If so, lock that core back up. If not, reset the CMOS with the little jumper as mammut suggested. It should be near the little flat round battery on the motherboard. Move the jumper over one pin. But before you do that make sure you are powered down and the PSU is unplugged from the wall. After moving the jumper over, leave it there for 15 seconds and move it back. Don't power up again until you move the jumper back to its original position.

Also disable coolNquiet as I have 2 sempys that would not unlock, but as soon as I disabled CnQ they worked perfectly :thup:

Back