• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU/GPU Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foopsz

Hello I have One question Should i upgrade my GPU or my CPU for Better gaming Performance says that most games use 2-4 core i have a 2 core with 4 HT so that make's it look like a Quad core and run like a AMD Quad Core or should i buy the 8120. Also i Livestream and Livestreaming takes up most my FPS when i go live i belive its using to much of my i3 its not overclocked or anything.

Or should i got with a 560 Ti i already have a 550 Ti but i can get a 560 Ti for around $170 US.

Also i do alot of rendering for youtube www.youtube.com/foopszgaming

What kind of computer is that?
Pre-built desktop?

I'm not familiar with that psu of yours, take into consideration the extra juice a beefier gpu will need.
I'd sell most of the stuff and get a new sandy bridge or ivy rig with a 7850 and quality psu.
Do you have some pics of your rig? I'm not sure what can fit inside it.

What kind of computer is that?
Pre-built desktop?

I'm not familiar with that psu of yours, take into consideration the extra juice a beefier gpu will need.
I'd sell most of the stuff and get a new sandy bridge or ivy rig with a 7850 and quality psu.
Do you have some pics of your rig? I'm not sure what can fit inside it.

its Pre-built and i am not selling it all to Build a New Computer When you can just Upgrade it haha.

Yeah, that wasn't very helpful...
I'd get a 7850, it's a great card, even better than the 560ti, and consumes even less power.
You can have it for $230 or something like that.
Eventually you should replace the motherboard and cpu with a newer Sandy or Ivy combo. The 3550 or 3570k if you plan to overclock.

its Pre-built and i am not selling it all to Build a New Computer When you can just Upgrade it haha.

One of the other reasons Ivan suggested selling it and building a new computer is that OE cases SUCK. The cooling capability of a different case would prolong the life of your components, and give you more room to overclock for that last bit of performance.

One of the other reasons Ivan suggested selling it and building a new computer is that OE cases SUCK. The cooling capability of a different case would prolong the life of your components, and give you more room to overclock for that last bit of performance.

Yep, indeed. He can do it slowly though, saving and getting a gpu first, then a better case, and eventually a mobo and cpu, and perhaps a better psu or an ssd.

Yep, indeed. He can do it slowly though, saving and getting a gpu first, then a better case, and eventually a mobo and cpu, and perhaps a better psu or an ssd.

Definitely, but I was replying matter-of-factly because he completely shot down the idea.

What resolution do you game at? If 1920x1080, then your GPU will help, if less, may want to look at the CPU/both.

Yea i game at 1080p But i can livestream Battlefield pretty good some times it drops to 25 FPS but only happen like 4 times rest of the time its 30 and above some times 60 i need a CPU to able to Livestream because it uses all my cores and i plan on getting my new stuff and final price will be like 240.

Back