• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crosshair motherboard block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
some place around here i mentioned a motherboard block for the chv-f,
some one was kind enough to provide a link to a german site but, i got a little busy (wife has to get something out of me) and I have lost it all.
if you know of a site here in the US please let me know. searching myself I find the heatkiller but for the intel boards.

yes i know this thread belongs elsewhere, but this is the forum the discussion was started.

Last edited:
Site was very slow for me.

EK-FB ASUS Crosshair V - Acetal This waterblock directly cools AMD 990FX northbridge chip and power regulation (VRM / MOSFETs) module.

Investigate the model 'without' any nickle plating. There have been reported issues with the nickle plating from EK. EK has responded with newer nickle plating but so far the jury is still out on newer nickle plating process. There is reported to be a copper only model. Frozen CPU is likely to be able to get the CHV model even though currently not showing on Frozen CPU webpage.

Rgone, you are the king my buddy. how you hunt stuff down just leaves me in awe.
I hunted around all morrning and found squat!!!!!

tunggureanu, that aqua cool I found on the shelf at frozen.
If I was going 8 core that's the one i would pull the triger on, I have that 8 core itch again but i am still holding off.
Friday I will look into the ek.
at $145 us I can get the asrock extreme4 motherboard i want.

I do like this forum, I ask a question, and pop you guys get me headed in the right direction.....

Last edited:
Hey C_D I am not sure which CJIV you have so .... keep in mind the waterblock only fits the CHV F not the bew version CHIV Fz aperently there is a transistor or something that interfeers with the block on the new board.

I have the chv-f not the -z.
It also looks like you have to do a little mod around the north bridge chip with a little tape the instructions are listed on the aquacool site.
the antec 920 I have in another machine and it's a really great cooler but, gawd awefull thick in the mid tower case it's in.
you guys that have stayed with the 8 cores have to really focus on cooling those things.
I have already made the investment so i have options when it comes to that.

It also looks like you have to do a little mod around the north bridge chip with a little tape

To keep those pins from contacting the new block or even a new heatsink is a good idea in any situation. When you will tighten the block/sink down with screws and not just the push-pins and springs.

When I have changed NB cooling since the 480 chipset days, I have used the high temp Scotch electrical tape. Never any problems and just good insurance.

Back