• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial? OCZ>Good or Bad???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:argue:

I have never had any problems with OCZ Memory I honestly think the biggest problem people have is that OCZ ram does not overclock as well as Crucial thru Front side bus overclocking alone - but if you overclock the right way then you get great results better than I have ever gotten from corsairs. - Just my opinion I will still buy OCZ!!

I usually set my stuff up based on the settings in the OCZ motherboard.

http://www.ocztech.com/support/mobolist/amd/index.asp

http://www.ocztech.com/support/memory/ddr/tweak/index.asp

Thermal said:

What ever....click the link.:rolleyes:

As the article says, the results are very similar to the Kingmax results they got. Nobody is down on OCZ per se. It is just that so many have taken pot luck in getting a good stick vs a bad one that most would rather go with one they are fairly certain will at least be in the ball park. Silversink has had good luck with them. I had good luck with them in one out of two sticks. They have got to find a way to regain the communities confidance. I personally would prefer to buy from a small outfit that is trying to make a go of it but will not buy "whatever". For the record, my first oc'ed board and precessor came from them. I would not buy from them at this time without some guarentee or vote of confidence from others that I respect. On the guarentee, a human that actually answers the phone would be good.

Silver said:

As the article says, the results are very similar to the Kingmax results they got. Nobody is down on OCZ per se. It is just that so many have taken pot luck in getting a good stick vs a bad one that most would rather go with one they are fairly certain will at least be in the ball park. Silversink has had good luck with them. I had good luck with them in one out of two sticks. They have got to find a way to regain the communities confidance. I personally would prefer to buy from a small outfit that is trying to make a go of it but will not buy "whatever". For the record, my first oc'ed board and precessor came from them. I would not buy from them at this time without some guarentee or vote of confidence from others that I respect. On the guarentee, a human that actually answers the phone would be good.
I rest my case lol

OCZ NEWS!!!

I email ocz it looks like their using Samsung chips now I asked thgem about their PC3000/PC3300 Brand new Chips

"The new memory uses Samsung chips, we have found them to be faster and more reliable."

Elmokiddo
aka. Fighter5

The switch to Samsung chips is encouraging to hear- their rep can't stand much more it seems. I took the plunge a couple weeks ago and ordered the new OCZ Rev. 2 PC3000 from Ocsystem.com- since our rig isn't currently unlocked, I was excited about the new revision being eeprom'ed for cas 2 up to 166mhz..
well.... at least they were fairly nice about sending an RMA #- might even squeak out of it without the restocking fee..
Apparently they sent the earlier revision, as the eeprom set it for 2.5 even at 133.. and it wouldn't run beyond that at 2-2-2. Would it have handled mega fsb speeds at my very slowest ram settings? Maybe.. but it sure didn't look encouraging. Even 2.5 turbo mode settings would crash before I hit 140- I would have expected more even from the earlier revision. (Hynix chips BTW). Oh well.. had to try it.
If I was ordering OCZ, I'd be careful to get the new Samsung chips (and peek under the sinks to be sure!).

(Have Samsung 6ns PC2700 on the way to replace it..)

Best wishes...

I have an old sdr pc150 OCZ stick.
sure it's stable at that speed and cas2, but i get corrupted mem. when I for instance try to extract a large compressed archive.
It does 3D mark but if I buy their ram i want it to do everything at that speed.

I have a pc3000 rev2 stick in the mail right now, gonna try it as soon as it along with my Iwill XP333.
Should be nice with 183mhz cas 2 without problems.
We shall see about that.

Back