• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CUDA Client Not Starting ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked_Pixie

CUDA Client Not Starting ? [FIXED]

F@H GPU servers are borked. I don't like wasting electricity while 90% of my cards are idling. So, I thought of doing CUDA for SETI for a little while.

I set my preferences to do CUDA only... using BOINC 6.6.28, CPUs are doing 2x VM F@H. My problem is, CUDA is stuck on ready to start and not doing any work.

Is there something else I need to do? Is there a special driver, or BOINC version? Optimizations maybe?

Thanks.

EDIT:
NM, forgot to check 'use GPU while PC in use" in the preference.
:screwy:

Last edited:
F@H GPU servers are borked. I don't like wasting electricity while 90% of my cards are idling. So, I thought of doing CUDA for SETI for a little while.

I set my preferences to do CUDA only... using BOINC 6.6.28, CPUs are doing 2x VM F@H. My problem is, CUDA is stuck on ready to start and not doing any work.

Is there something else I need to do? Is there a special driver, or BOINC version? Optimizations maybe?

Thanks.

Each CUDA unit needs to utilize a small percentage of the CPU's time to run. So if you shut off CPU computation in the pref's... that might be the problem. You might try turning on the use of the CPU, but at the bottom of the page, set it to only use 1 or 2% CPU time. Not exactly sure if that will work, but in theory it does :) Thanks for helping us out! (Assuming you signed up under the overclockers.com team)

EDIT: Just saw your edit...

Back