• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom building PSU cables

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrFraggle

Is it possible to buy precut bundles of the correct gauge wire for PSU 24 pin power cable in the UK?

For most PSUs it's 18ga. Just buy a spool from your hardware store and cut it yourself, it'll be a ton cheaper.

Should be fine. I know in the US you can just go to a store like Lowe's and buy a roll of wire for super cheap.

Unfortunately here in the UK that sort of shop or store is hard to find on the high st.

Thanks.

Are you going for aesthetics or just need "longer"?

If you need longer for a tall case something like these might be suitable: 24 Pin M/B Individual Sleeved Extension Cable

Purely aesthetics, I bought a set of custom cables which I think cost more than the PSU, not complaining more than happy with them. But I have time now so thought I would have a go at making my own set up using coloured sleeving.

Back