• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Day Z Mod for Arma II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm.. I havent seen that come up personally.. Have you googled to see if anyone else had the same issue?

Found a nifty thing about the mod :)

downloader.php

As I have read, you can just purchase Operation Arrowhead and use the Arma II: Free version to get it to run :)

On amazon, they have the combined operations running for $15 and Operation Arrowhead just for $10

Last edited:
yes, thats correct.

If anyone is down to team up, I'm more than welcomed to! :]

i would be game teaming up but the probs is unless you are sitting next to/ on skype with someone its pretty dam hard to get into the same server with a decent ping.

Also im in the UK. but id try it out with a few peeps from the Uk if they are down. Me and a mate play together

It seems that every server I go into is dark out, regardless of where in the world... was this in the 1.5.8.2 update?

Last edited:
It seems that every server I go into is dark out, regardless of where in the world... was this in the 1.5.8.2 update?

I duno I noticed this last night as well with the update. Have to say its made ALOT of improvements but its weird that all the servers seem to be at night from about 7 pm onwards compared to on the weekend when i played from about 5pm - 9/10pm and it was light the whole time :S.

I duno I noticed this last night as well with the update. Have to say its made ALOT of improvements but its weird that all the servers seem to be at night from about 7 pm onwards compared to on the weekend when i played from about 5pm - 9/10pm and it was light the whole time :S.

I was on some Virginia server yesterday around 6pm EST and it was pitch black! I liked it though.. I was sneaking around as a bandit harassing some poor survivors (I have 2 profiles).

:salute:

I was on some Virginia server yesterday around 6pm EST and it was pitch black! I liked it though.. I was sneaking around as a bandit harassing some poor survivors (I have 2 profiles).

:salute:

how do you have 2 profiles? Also your mean :(.I shot a bandit in the face the other day ;) was pretty fun. My mate has been collecting stuff for both of us throughout the day while its light and well go on a few scavenging missions tonight. Hes collected like 50 flares, a crossbow food water and wood today. should be a laugh when i get home. I find its almost easier to scavenge at night! use flares to distract the zombies and then go about my business.

I find its great hiding a little inland then looting all the nub suriviors who die on the shore ( you can easily see their bodies against the water.)

how do you have 2 profiles? Also your mean :(.I shot a bandit in the face the other day ;) was pretty fun. My mate has been collecting stuff for both of us throughout the day while its light and well go on a few scavenging missions tonight. Hes collected like 50 flares, a crossbow food water and wood today. should be a laugh when i get home. I find its almost easier to scavenge at night! use flares to distract the zombies and then go about my business.

I find its great hiding a little inland then looting all the nub suriviors who die on the shore ( you can easily see their bodies against the water.)

Before you select 'multiplayer' you can add other profiles..

Yes I am mean sometimes! Hah! Its fun to cause a little bit of chaos from time to time. I generally don't sneak up and kill people though. I announce that I am going to kill them.

It makes for quite the rush!

Have fun :)

Before you select 'multiplayer' you can add other profiles..

Yes I am mean sometimes! Hah! Its fun to cause a little bit of chaos from time to time. I generally don't sneak up and kill people though. I announce that I am going to kill them.

It makes for quite the rush!

Have fun :)

when you make a new profile, does it carry on from where you left your previous character? or do you completely start fresh?

when you make a new profile, does it carry on from where you left your previous character? or do you completely start fresh?

hmm.. That I do not know! If I get a chance to test it tonight I might..

ahhhh had so much fun last night scavenging in the dark!!!Managed to find 2 ALICE packs, some matches. a rifle + ammo ( couldnt remember the name) and a crossbow ( decided to go with the rifle instead cos it had more ammo.)

So we lit a fire in the woods and left it at that! Took about 2/3 hours to travel and scavenge, and i had to use my mates rifle against the skyline so i could follow him because it was so dark. Hes off on a few missions today to get some more stuff

I found a boat the other night, couldn't figure out what was wrong with it though. I think that it was just out of gas. But I'm going to start finding parts to repair vehicles and hopefully find one that is repairable. Really annoying that on a pervious life i had a toolbox but not anymore! darn

Finally got a good run in. Teamed up with my bud, we found 2 enfields, 5+ blood bags, extra food and water, matches, wood, and a hunting knife. Also, killed a few poor survivors :) We ran elektro last night.

We ended up almost dying of temperature, so we ran into the first building we saw to light a fire. Of course...this brought a bunch of zombies. We ended up holding them off and surviving. Now were waiting for everyone else in our party to login before going to take over

Finally got a good run in. Teamed up with my bud, we found 2 enfields, 5+ blood bags, extra food and water, matches, wood, and a hunting knife. Also, killed a few poor survivors :) We ran elektro last night.

We ended up almost dying of temperature, so we ran into the first building we saw to light a fire. Of course...this brought a bunch of zombies. We ended up holding them off and surviving. Now were waiting for everyone else in our party to login before going to take over

haha nice, i want a hunting knife, came across a cow and a chicken last night and couldnt kill get any meat cos i didnt have a knife! grrrrrr. Best to light fires in a forest i find. Attracts much less attention because its much less visible and tend to be fewer zombies about

I just got the expansion last night and installed the mod. It seems to work but I didn't get to play :( I was going to connect to a server But I DC'd somewhere in the loading process so maybe I'll try tonight.

I was really pleasantly surprised to see SO many servers up for this mod! I was worried I would be connecting to Germany just to play.

I finaly got into a game last night! then the game started crashing... mind you over the weekend I started crashing a lot only to find out 1 of my memory sticks was going bad I pulled it out and things got better but the game was still crashing I started reinstalling it again last night so we will see what happens.

Question about the versions of the mod though. I see version 1.60 which I think is the newest one but then I see servers running version 1.60:xxxx (I dont remember the exact numbers off hand) is there an update not out on the Day Z site?

I think the updates are server side. Other than beta patches for arma II because ive seen a 1.7 beta patched server.

Back